Nov 08,2012
Nov 08,2012
I rented a property from Robbinsons and was very disappointed with their services. I took out a years tenancy and within the 8 months my owner decided to sell. So we had to move. We called the agent for advise and they were no help at all. They had properties that was going on the market for rental and didnt even bother inform us as they knew we were looking for a place. We called them for viewings and they never called us back. We then decided to us Acorn estate agent in luton and was very pleased with their services. While\'s going throught the process of moving i needed a reference letter from Robbinsons,they agreed to send one to Acorn agents to help with the application but it came at a charge of 50 pounds.we didnt mind as we really needed it,only to find out later that Acorn never received the letter. I called Robbinsons again and all they kept on telling me was they were going to call me back,but the call never came. I WOULD NEVER USE THIS AGENT EVER AGAIN,AND WOULD ADVISE ANYONE AGAINST USING THEIR SERVICES. NOTE: my owner put her house on sale with a different agent,because she too was fed up with the high rates being charged by Robbinsons but they were to lazy to do their job right. I have come acroos a few agents in my time of private renting and Robbinsons are by far the worse.
By: Lettings
Dec 14, 2012
Sadly we are unable to please everybody, what’s more disheartening is that too many people are quick to criticize rather than compliment. In our opinion in the case the tenant had caused damage to the property by breaking glass to gain entry, we were never able to make contact with tenants regarding various maintenance issues when raised and in deed for future properties when looking. They actually found in Luton where we do not have the same coverage so unable to help. Regarding the referencing cost of £50.00, this was set out in our administrations charges and application of tenancies that both tenants signed, the fact the letting agent didn’t receive the reference was later established that were unable to receive emails or faxes due to a technical issue and therefore need to be posted. The Landlord placed the house up for sale with another agent as they valued this much higher, but after several months it still remains un-sold. More interestingly, this tenant accused the landlord and myself of withdrawing rent from their deposit illegally and slammed a rather abusive text on the grounds they were going to sue for a refund, after many attempts to explain they later realised they hadn’t paid the rent BUT wasn’t prepared to apologies to either myself as the agent or the landlord. It’s a real shame there are not such similar websites that we can write, name and shame openly about the conduct of some of our tenants, there’s always two sides to any event.

We welcome any criticism and would endeavor to put right for any future tenancies but would encourage anyone to try our service as many Landlords and tenets have and have been completely satisfied.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Robinsons Estates Dunstable! To leave a new review of Robinsons Estates Dunstable, please click the link below !
Write a review for Robinsons Estates Dunstable