Nov 08,2012
Nov 08,2012
The agent who came round, his surname was Crooks, was very good. He pretty much sold Douglas Allen to us. The photographer we paid to take photos did well, but the marketing material of the property was totally messed up and if we hadn\'t got a buyer right away, it would have had to be redone: the details of the local schools were wrong and many other details besides.
I do wish the estate agents would tone down all their "chat" because it always sounds insincere, it would be far better if they were just straightforward and honest. However, I said I didn\'t want to be phoned up all the time, as I\'d had a bad experience of this in the past, and the estate agents were good at honouring that and not calling unless they had something to actually call about.
The estate agency was exellent at selling our property, however, after that, I think there was someone called Sarah who was responsible for our sale, but she never properly introduced herself.
We heard nothing for weeks, then suddenly in desparation the buyer of our property turned up on our doorstep saying he was trying to buy our property but he\'d heard nothing either and that, no-one was keeping in touch with him. From that day on we negotiated with him ourselves, doing all the work our estate agent was being paid to do
At the last minute there was a hitch because our solicitor (we used the estate agent one) failed to notice that there was a charge on the property we were buying, so the sale was delayed.
In the end we paid an awful lot of money when, after the sale was agreed, we did most of the negotiating ourselves.
Douglas Allen estate agents need to ensure that the negotations don\'t end after a sale, that\'s just the start of it.
Negotiate more after sale has been agreed.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Douglas Allen Office 10! To leave a new review of Douglas Allen Office 10, please click the link below !
Write a review for Douglas Allen Office 10