Nov 07,2012
Nov 07,2012
Absolutely disgusted and astonished at this so called letting agency\'s practice. I went on their books as needed a rental property quickly as selling my home in a short conveyance period, and Kerry took all my details and said we have a property in X and you are first viewer. I went to view with Sophie and I thought well if this is it (having done searches on Rightmove everyday) I\'ll take it! I was marched off to their office post viewing at 6.30 pm to sign over a £400 holding fee? Non refundable but I thought I need somewhere to live and even though the property is not perfect and not as stated I\'ll take it as despo.
The other fees are this.....(Post dinosaur credit check form you have to fill in long hand that takes days..) A months rent in advance (standard), a month\'s deposit (standard). an administration fee of £350?! A £60 deposit reservation fee? A £120 reservation fee???!!!! A £144 guarantor fee even if you dont need a guarantor ?????????
Checked Rightmove the next day and a property had come online that was just perfect for me - guess who one of the agents was - Beals.
Felt totally \'had\'. Sooooo went for it with the other agent.
Beals wont give me my £400 \'holding fee\' deposit back and even said if you hadn\'t been cross we may have considered moving your fee to this property, at which point I pointed out why do you think I\'m going through the other agent?
Oh and in regard to the other proper agent, all done and dusted online in a couple of hours with no strange and unrequired fees.
Don\'t use this lot - complete crooks. They get your £400 then don\'t want to know. I asked Kerry to call me the day after they had my money to clarify a couple of issues and she didn\'t bother.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Beals Independent Sales and Letting Agents Office 8! To leave a new review of Beals Independent Sales and Letting Agents Office 8, please click the link below !
Write a review for Beals Independent Sales and Letting Agents Office 8