Nov 05,2012
Nov 05,2012
Very bad overall service. We lived at the address above for about two years and have always paid our rent every month and taken care of the property. We professionally cleaned the carpets and employed a cleaner. We wanted to arrange a viewing but the letting company was unable to see us in the arranged dates and told us to send the keys to their office.
A month after we had left the property we received an e-mail after we had rang the company almost every day, we were unable to receive our bond back as we had not brought back the keys on time and the plastic rubbish bin was broken so the total charge was 450 pounds and some extra charges for things we had broken in the property caused by wear and tear nothing more.
They avoided our phone calls continuously and we waited for several viewings where they never showed up for the viewing when my partner and me had asked off from work.
Be careful renting with this company. I would nobody advice this trouble. We are thinking of dragging them to court.
The agent should have been respectful towards his clients and understanding. An agent needs to provide service and professionalism towards all clients.
By: info
Apr 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments. As you are aware, you were in breach of your tenancy agreement on several points, which I will happily discuss with you or if you feel the need to as you mentioned, in court. We are here to act in the interest of the landlord, which we did. With regards to handing the keys back, the only reason we couldn't meet you was because you wanted us to be there 8am Sunday morning which we couldn't do. You could have given the keys back to your landlord who lives next door, but you decided to post them to us, which even then took approx 3 weeks to arrive.

With regards to returning your bond, again your facts are incorrect. If you felt that we had withheld your bond without just cause, why didn't you report this to the My Deposits scheme, were your bond was registered. You received a certificate confirming this the day you moved in, so you had all the details to hand. The total bill incurred after you left the apartment was in fact considerably more than the bond, but the landlord decided not to pursue this.

If you are in disagreement with any of my comments above, please don't hesitate to contact me directly during office hours.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of The Letting Company UK Ltd Office 1! To leave a new review of The Letting Company UK Ltd Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for The Letting Company UK Ltd Office 1