Nov 05,2012
Nov 05,2012
I will never ever buy or sell a house using Douglas Allen again, after this experience.

We began looking a year before we eventually bought, but felt so pestered by Douglas Allen, and shown so many awful properties that were either shells of houses or out of our price range, that we gave up. However, we started looking again when our landlord decided to sell.

Firstly, Douglas Allen recommended the most inept solicitor to use, telling us they were the same the vendor was using, so it would expedite the sale. We later found out they got back handers for recommending clients. The solicitor was atrocious - Gepp and Sons. They didn\'t respond to communication, lied to us about when they received information, and were awful. They also had no experience of Warner flats. Do not use them.

Secondly, the offer was made on the condition the sale would go through by a certain date. This was all agreed, and we handed in our notice to our landlord. A couple of weeks before the moving date, we discovered the sellers couldn\'t possibly do that date and had known this for weeks. Andrew Bilby, the sale facilitator, was also aware of this, but hadn\'t thought to inform us. When I suggested both parties needed to compromise, he told me as I had no children I should be the flexible partner. He also told me he wanted to see my lease agreement with my landlord and the notice letter I had sent in, neither of which were his business - I felt as though I was being accused of lying about when we had to move out. We were threatened with legal action from the landlord for staying an additional month.

Every time we tried to resolve any issues with the sale, of which there were several, we had to go through Andrew Bilby. He is patronising, rude and displayed some of the worst customer service skills I have ever experienced.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Douglas Allen Office 10! To leave a new review of Douglas Allen Office 10, please click the link below !
Write a review for Douglas Allen Office 10