Nov 02,2012
Nov 02,2012
James Anderson were very insistent on us paying our deposit and check-in fees promptly at the beginning of our tenancy. Unfortunately, the same haste was not exercised when returning our money a year later. During our time as their customers, we had to deal with at least 4 different people at the company which just confused matters even more. We left the flat in good condition with only minor wear and tear (as confirmed by an independent inventory company), having spent the best part of a day cleaning it. The landlady emailed us to say she had instructed the agent to return our deposit in full, but James Anderson proceeded to charge us £528 for the cleaning of the small 3 bedroom flat as well as other charges in excess of £775, leaving us with around only around half of our original deposit. Either avoid this agent or insist on strict terms about what can be taken from your deposit when you leave. One thoroughly aggravated "customer".
I would use James Anderson again if they stopped using cynical tactics to fleece you out of your money. I consider this about as likely as hell freezing over because estate agents are all the same.
By: Ross
Apr 18, 2013

I am sorry for the experience you have had with returning your deposit.
We work on instructions for the landlord on all deposit deductions and cliams and we are unable to release any monies without agreement from both parties or the tenancy deposit scheme for which you deposit would have been registered.

All of our terms are presented and signed at the start of the process, even before we submit the offer to our clients. This will include any charges or potential charges which may be incurred dependent on individual circumstances.

I am notr peronally aware of this case but if you would like me to look in to this further for you, please do not hesitate to contact me at

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of James Anderson Office 3! To leave a new review of James Anderson Office 3, please click the link below !
Write a review for James Anderson Office 3