Cavendish Rentals
1/5, 1 reviews
0% recommended
0% lettings valuation accuracy
0% lettings fee satisfaction

“When I first moved in to the property everyth......”

By: 'Stefan N'toco'
Sep 07,2019
When I first moved in to the property everything was smooth sailing, the properly has recently been decorated to a so called show room standard even though there was plaster peeling of the walls and the floor was uneven in the living room and builders debris left behind on the garden (what I paid a skip for) I have now came to the end of my tenancy and the landlady is withholding a deposit of over £1000.00. When I returned my keys I was advised that the only charge I would have to pay would be £200.00, this included a carpet clean and around 5 hours of housekeeping I agreed to have this deduction from my deposit. I agreed with the landlady I would remove the rubbish from the back garden that following weekend but failed to do so. I had a email from the landlady stating that she has had to get a skip to do it herself at a steep price of £140.00 I agreed to that. Going forward the landlady charged me for a locksmith so she could change the locks (£70.00) this was not in the agreement I felt as though I was covering her costs for no reason. In the end the landlord charged me for a dirty oven even though she inspected it and did not mention it would need a oven clean as I spend 3 hours cleaning it my self. I've been charged the decorating costs even though it was the exact same from when I moved in. I Cut a long story I'm being charged £1070 from my £1125 deposit for work that needed doing to the property anyway. Cavendish have contacted me to mediate charges and failed to do so, now I'm having to contact the deposit dispute team. It's been over a month since I've moved and have already lost a property due to not being able to pay the fees applicable due to this issue. I thought cavendish would have been managing the property this gave me the confidence to think that at the end of the tenneacy the deposit would be given back on a not biast decision but this has been far from the case. Now I'm left homeless being a student money is tight and I dont understand how cavendish can not resolve this issue as they are the ones I paid the fees to. And aswell as that I've had the phone put down on me by Cavendish for no reason what so ever, I was looking for answers and they failed to give me any and terminated the call now they have my hard earned money.

Opening Hours
Address

Cavendish Rentals
4 Cuppin Street
Chester
Cheshire
CH1 2BN

Performance statistics
Services Valuation Accuracy Fees Satisfaction Min Price of property reviewed Max Price of property reviewed
Lettings 0% 0% £750 £750
  • Mortgage Advice
Members of
Latest Properties

No Properties

“When I first moved in to the property everyth......”

By: 'Stefan N'toco'
No fees information available
Kindly note that legally, letting agents need to publish information about their tenancy fees, government-approved redress schemes and client money protection schemes on their website and on third party websites (on which agents are listed). For properties to lease/rent in England, agents need to keep this information up to date and precise on allAgents or specify within the property description.

Complaints Procedure