Jun 06,2012
Jun 06,2012
Having spoken to a my best friend - who has rented with a few letting agents in the past. It appears that out of them all Martin & Co are one of the most expensive with appalling charges, for this, that and the other!

My friend(s) have all started with the line, "Don\'t rent with Martin & Co".

My current tenancy with a another letting agency is nearly at a close and so I am shopping around for a new letting agent, I have spoke to all my friends, who are renting (good tip: ask your friends about their letting agents!) My best friend initially recommended Martin & Co, Saltaire - I have spoken to this friend recently and his opinion had changed drastically.

Shockingly, they will not only charge you for anything and everything during your tenancy period but on your departure - the word \'inflated\' doesn\'t even cover what charges my friend reeled off to me!

I have read one other review about this branch/letting agent and it is almost a mirror image of what happened in my friends case.

Anyway, I would avoid this branch / letting agent at all \'costs\' - because believe me it will cost you if you ever come in to contact with these people! My advice is look early and try find a good private landlord - avoiding the middle man and saving you a small fortune!

Martin & Co