Nov 01,2012
Nov 01,2012
We are relocating to Ireland and trawled the net ( no pun intended ) to find an agent to sell our house. We had a few different people out to see us including two local agents. Dave Jordan from Express came to the house. We showed him round, agreed a price and as it was night time, I told Dave that I would take photographs in daylight and email them to him along with room sizes. At this point, I have to stress that Dave was a sound bloke. Very easy going and we felt really comfortable while he was in the house. The problem started when the information was passed to Manchester. We bought the house 4 years ago and basically it was a wreck. I have spent the 4 years doing the house up and it is now unrecognisable so imagine the horror when the ad went on their web site and the main photo was a google maps image from about 2 months after we moved in. If anyone had tried to find the house from that photo, they would still be looking now. They eventually got the photos right oh and also the fact that we have a detached garage that wasn\'t mentioned in the writeup. The problem is, all of the sites they advertise on, don\'t update until that night so everything is 24hrs behind. We had agreed to Express selling our house via an electronically signed contract on the Sunday. On the Tuesday I spoke to Charlotte in Manchester about the discrepancies above at which point the EPC was mentioned. I agreed to get this through them and paid £58 on my card over the phone. On Wednesday I got a call from Nathaniel Taylor at the Manchester office who informed me that he would be dealing with our property. I told him that I was not impressed with the advertisment and that if I was looking for a house that ad would not make me want to view. I told him that the ad was s***. His response ( and Charlottes when told the same ) was keep the ad minimal to attract the buyers ..... Eh? Surely the better the ad the more chance of sparking interest? That night, me and my wife had a long talk about it and decided to use the cooling off period to cancel the contract, which we did. Next problem. Still no EPC. Not even a phone call from the company that will be carrying it out. I rang Nathaniel yesterday and said it has been 1 week since I made the payment and no-one has contacted us. He put me through to customer service who told me they would contact them and tell them to get in touch, she said the company was called Burton & Partners. I have, tonight google searched the company and nothing comes up. I have now emailed Express telling them I want a refund as we have now gone with a local agent ( who has done a proper ad ! ) and we are going to get the EPC and a floor plan from him for £75. I have also told them that I will take legal advice if a refund is not immediate. My advice to any future home sellers is DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR EXPRESS
By: Jaw
Nov 02, 2012
Saw an express person last week. Not sure it was the same guy but very impressed with him. Hats off to you express for saying sorry so many people go straight onto defend mistakes. I was undecided but now I'm up for it. Thanks.
By: Express Customer Care Team
Nov 02, 2012
We were very pleased to hear that the initial appointment with Dave went well. However, we were very sorry that you have been disappointed with the service you have received from us since then. We have investigated all your points and confirm that they were all human error. We have amended our quality checking process to avoid this happening again. One of our Senior Managers has tried to contact you today to apologise in person. Once again, we apologise for any inconvenience we may of caused you. Warm regards The Express Estate Agency.

Write a review for Express Estate Agency Head Office