Nov 01,2012
Nov 01,2012
The staff here are poor.

Before I moved into my flat I asked for a water stain from an upstairs leak to be painted before we moved it. It was not.
I asked for the bathroom to get attention (cracks had appeared in the sealant allowing water to leak), nothing happened. I asked for a carbon dioxide alarm to be fixed (damaged in the leak mentioned above before I moved in), they did not fix it.

6 months on from my requests I sent in a formal letter to their office, the work was done the next day. If they get even a hint that you are willing to fight them, they crumble. It shows how they are scared of people calling on their mistakes as if they treat everyone like they did me, they would get the odd person angry enough to give out to them.

They have taken money out of my deposit for leaving planks of wood used to build a wardrobe which was there when I loved in, they took money out of my deposit filler marks on the wall which were there when I moved in. They also took money out for me leaving cleaning products in the flat for the next tenants.

Thankfully, I took pictures of the flat when I moved in so I can fight them on their money grabbing tactics.
For example, the marks on the wall when I loved in. Lets say that they have been there for 3 years. That is the best part of 100 pounds they have stolen off their tenants for a problem that should be fixed after year one. Please photograph everything with a good camera if you use them.

All I can say is that, if the property is good (they only have a few actually good ones with no damp or problems), then do not and never trust them. Every request, make sure it is in writing and that you have a copy of it, make sure you keep on them for every request, make sure you ask the staff to speak clearly as they make no attempt not slurring.
You can deal with these people if you do not give them an inch to screw you, though, at the end of they day they have your deposit and they will charge you for stupid things.
Aside from the receptionist, staff are rude and unwilling to help. Properties are of low standard with a small exception.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of R S Laird & Son Office 1! To leave a new review of R S Laird & Son Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for R S Laird & Son Office 1