Nov 01,2012
Nov 01,2012
This I honestly have to say is the most disgusting, disgraceful service I have ever had any dealings with. When we first moved into the property we were renting from, let's just say it was far from clean, never the less I decided to do this myself regardless. We had a toilet pan hanging off the entire year we were renting from fineholm despite complaints to fix this, our shower broke which took the maintenance guys ages to fix and they did not turn up on the day they said they would and eventually after weeks of waiting managed to sort this. We had letters harassing us for unpaid rent money despite the rent had already been paid and after my husband contacted the agency to address this matter were assured this would not happen again although an apology for this was never given. Still this continued for a few months to the point they were going to charge us for someone to come to the property to find out why we hadn't paid the rent. Again my husband contacted the agency for something be done about this before the letters stopped and still no apology. We were given our notice to quit after a year when our landlord decided to sell the property and on this it stated the date we had to be out of the property, however on the last day we were moving one of the agents came out at 10am and handed us a letter there and then stating that we should have been out of the property by 10am and we never had any prior notification of this. He then had the cheek to say that the letting agency will have to charge us for another days rent whereas my understanding of this was that I had the full day to move out. The letting agensts were contacted and they said due to the misunderstanding we would not be charged for the extra day. I had cleaned the house from top to bottom before we left. About a week later we received a letter stating that the agency were refusing to give our deposit back and behind this letter was an ¢â‚¬Å“unheaded¢â‚¬Â piece of paper, supposedly a receipt with random information regarding cleaning bills such as a deep clean for the carpets and a random amount paid for this and so on. Very conveniently all adding up to almost exactly what the deposit was. When the agent was contacted and questioned about this, she had an apparent answer to everything in her opinion initiating the carpets and windows etc were unclean, which was completely untrue. I'm sorry but I am not a deep carpet cleaner. If you want this done then do it yourself!!! To conclude my bad experience with Fineholm, I would say they are greedy, selfish, money grabbers that have absolutely no consideration for their customers. I would strongly suggest to anyone looking to rent a property to take a large body swerve of this agency. THEY ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED END OF!!
I feel that the agent could have been more courteous and understanding that we never had a perfect property to begin with. We came into a bit of dirtiness but rather than making a fuss we decided to clean this ourselves rather than kicking up an unnecessary fuss. The house was cleaned before we left however if people are living in the property you have to expect imperfection to a certain extent as it has been lived in. We certainly should not have had all our deposit taken from us. It¢â‚¬â„¢s an absolute disgrace. Guaranteed we left the house in a better condition than we came into it.
By: Sally
Nov 21, 2012
I am sorry you feel you have not have a good service from Fineholm. We try to react to all maintenance request as quickly as possible given that we have to wait for landlord authorisation. We keep photos of all move outs and compare these to pre tenancy photographs and inventories. All our check out representatives are very experienced and will have evidence to support any deductions they feel are necessary. Our aim is to refund full deposit where we can. Sally@ fineholm.co.uk.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Fineholm Glasgow! To leave a new review of Fineholm Glasgow, please click the link below !
Write a review for Fineholm Glasgow