Oct 31,2012
Oct 31,2012
The experience wasn\'t bad at first. They found me the perfect property, and fortunately my landlord chose to manage the property himself. I had minimal contact with Foxtons until I gave notice that I was leaving. That\'s when viewings began.

It was rare that they ever gave appropriate notice to conduct viewings. Typically they\'d ring only a few hours ahead. I informed them I wished to be present during all viewings. Nevertheless, they conducted them without notice while I was out as I noticed curtains drawn and doors opened/closed upon returning. Once I instructed them I wouldn\'t be available for a viewing as I would be out. I was running late for my appointment and indeed just out of the shower when I heard someone attempting to enter. They couldn\'t enter as the key was inside the keyhole from the inside, and I answered the door still wet and wearing a robe. In spite of that the agent had the audacity to insist upon a quick viewing. The customer was horrified and told him we should go. He scolded me and told me "he\'d deal with me later".

It doesn\'t get much worse than that. Oh, actually it does. They informed the landlord I was not permitting viewings when they gave the sufficient advance notice. Fortunately the landlord knew better.
Absolutely nothing. This agency\'s actions are why tenants should change their locks.
Attached Files