Oct 30,2012
Oct 30,2012
Lauristons have been managing our property since 2007, as we are based overseas. Overall, their lettings department has been very good and extremely responsive, as we deal with an agent who has been our contact since the beginning- Brad Burton, who has been excellent. Their property management wing however is a totally different story. We have had the most unprofessional people manage our account, the quotes they get are highly uncompetitive and are about 2-3 times the cost in the market and they refuse to work with suppliers other than theirs. I would not recommend their property management team. We have had a very good agent manage our property for the past year- Rajvinder Bhangra, but despite her best efforts, the rates that we get are very high for basic work, and I am forced to bring in my own workmen to fix issues from time to time. We also find the accounts department not being very responsive- we have had issues with the rent not being paid in full and despite several follow-ups, we have had no response from the agents and no solution.
Rajvinder has been proactive in passing on issues from the tenants and following up to ensure a timely resolution of the problems. However, the quotes I receive are significantly higher than the market rate and this is an overall issue with the Lauristons property management offices where they do not have suppliers with competitive rates, and they make no effort to change this or to work in the best interest of the client.
By: Graeme Goessen
Nov 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. To cover the points you raise. All Lauristons recommended contractors have been specifically chosen to provide excellent customer service, superb workmanship and competitive quotes. All call out charges and general labour is below what we would expect as the market average having researched a number of contractors in the local area. Lauristons are always flexible to use contractors that our landlords may wish to use. Ideally Lauristons would like to use their own contractors so that the property management department has full control when liaising with all parties concerned to conclude all matters as efficiently as possible. With regards to this property we have proceeded to use the client’s contractor on a number of jobs. Unfortunately, this contractor did on a number of occasions delay in responding to the client as to when they would be available to carry out certain work which meant there were delays in providing feedback to the tenant.

With regards to outstanding issues relating to the rent not being paid in full I am unable to see any correspondence on file relating to this matter. The current tenants pay separately which sometimes means that the payments will arrive in installments and on different days – however looking at the ledger the rent arrives on the day that was agreed at the commencement of the tenancy. However, I appreciate you may have concerns I am unaware of so I will respond to your directly on this matter to see how I might of assistance, to clarify the points discussed above and to hopefully move forward to improve our relationship.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Lauristons Putney! To leave a new review of Lauristons Putney, please click the link below !
Write a review for Lauristons Putney