Oct 29,2012
Oct 29,2012
Whitegates managed my property for two years until October 16th this year, when Debbie Taylor the franchisee cancelled the management of my property after I sent them an email complaining about charging me for their inept book keeping, in the fact that they charged me for paying money back to the tenant after the tenant allegedly paid in too much rent!

Whitegates charged me a management fee for the period 10th October to 10th November, yet then proceeded to stop managing my property, to add insult Debbie Taylor said in her email to me
"I will fully reconcile your account today and then pass the file back to you to either manage yourself or contact an alternative Agent.

Kind regards

Debbie Taylor¢â‚¬Â
Fully reconcile, should be that I am reimbursed my lost rental income and should also include being reimbursed the management fee.

I have written four times now to Whitegates seeking a response yet have received no reply whatsoever.
I have found their approach to managing my property completely unprofessional over the course of the two years, lacking in communication and care towards my property.

My husband conducted a property inspection in August of this year and was appalled at the condition of the property, it was obvious that Whitegates do not conduct appropriate property inspection nor ensure that tenants adhere to the terms of the Tenancy Agreement. I certainly would not recommend them to any prospective customer.
By: twinks
Nov 09, 2012
Response from Cristina, original poster

Dear Debbie
I am not upset at you removing my property from your "management" as the lack of professionalism in both your company's book keeping methods & frequent incorrect invoicing was proving to be a headache to say the least , not to mention the fact that your staff failed to ensure that the terms of the tenancy agreement were being met

In response to your comments about my husband pushing a member of staff , you know for a fact he didn't , he apologised if he may have upset her with his words and professional approach to undertaking a property inspection. And as he is my husband I would have assumed he was within his rights or my rights to appoint him to carry out a landlords inspection

And if you had taken the trouble to read his report you would then have been able to compare it to Whitegates reporting methods additionally his inspection was carried out with the approval of Whitegates anyway!. Why would permission be required to take anyones photograph on premises owned by myself?

Intimidation of the tenant? do you mean making a written report and wiping his finger through the dirt & dust on fixtures and fittings?

You have CCTV in your office why didn't you show Bernie on camera pushing your staff member? you know that Bernie didn't push your staff member he may have rushed past her through the office! But as you well know, to push someone as you suggest would constitute common assault.

How long does it take to respond to an email? you responded to this public criticism pretty quick! I have never demanded a response in any time frame.
Cristina Dell-Utri
By: Debbie Taylor - Director
Oct 30, 2012
Dear Christina,

I am sorry you feel that way about Whitegates Walton Vale. I suggested you use another Management Agent as I felt we could no longer continue the relationship as it was, I am confused as to why you are upset that I removed your property from my books as from your comments above I would of thought you would have welcomed my desicion. I feel Whitegates went above and beyond the reasonable service expectations with you but it was clear you were still unhappy. On both occasions that we have tenanted your property we have provided you with excellent Tenants. Your husband carrying out his own property Inspection was a little un-nessecary and the reports of intimidation from the Tenant worried me, as did the unauthorised taking of a photograph of a staff member. I was about to call a meeting with you both to discuss these issues but your husband called at my office first and then proceeded to push a member of staff on my staircase (albeit he later apologised) in the main I felt unable to continue to work with you both. You have never been charged anything more than what is clearly set out in your Landlord Service Agreement, and yes, you have wrote to me on four occasions but you dont give me a chance to respond, in all the emails I recieve from you if I dont answer within the time that you demand you write again hence the 4 occasions. I am sure that you will appreciate I have a hectic diary and am often out of the branch on valuations.
I wish you well in the future and hope all goes well with your new Managing Agent.

Debbie Taylor

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Whitegates Estate Agents Office 25! To leave a new review of Whitegates Estate Agents Office 25, please click the link below !
Write a review for Whitegates Estate Agents Office 25