ESRA Property Services
2.3/5, 24 reviews
38% recommended
75% lettings valuation accuracy
67% lettings fee satisfaction

“Carelessness and incompetence personified...”

Aug 11,2019
By: 'Clementine Vignault'
Aug 11,2019
Carelessness and incompetence personified

We have been renting a flat with ESRA turned EPS properties for 3 years (29 Cockcroft place) and we have had such a bad experience with this agency that it's even difficult to find words to describe.

For a start they did zero maintenance on the flat for the full time, apart from a broken window handle that they took 9 months (and 15 phone calls) to get fixed! We had to tape the window for the whole winter!

It was clear from the moment we moved in that there was an (ancient) leakage in the shower (green traces of metal on the shower bottom).
We signalled it pretty early and got as a response that this was for us to bear the plumbing cost!!
Sure you are going to pay to repair your landlord's shower and move out 6 months later!!!

Then there was the fire alarm that became disfunctional. I immediately sent an email with a photo of the device, that said : "batteries not replaceable, contact the company."
I received back the rudest email you can get from their secretary saying in substance:
"Just replace the batteries".
I was taken aback by the level of carelessness. To give some context, that I learned only later, this was just after they had lost a trial on how they handled fire safety!!!

I wrote back again, and got the same answer!
(I have kept a record of all the email communication, so if anyone needs it at some point feel free to reach me personally)

I ended up phoning the company the fire detector equipment was sourced from and got it sorted myself. But what if I had done nothing.. and there had been a fire.. ???

Then there was this flat checks that were supposed to take place every 6 months.
We were sent an email saying someone will inspect the flat on this day.
The first time someone showed up. That's it. The following 4 or 5 times no-one ever showed up. I was there on these days. I know.

Then there were the visits at the end. They sent email saying they would show the flat to prospective tenants on so and so date.
First time, the prospective tenant came, but no-one from the agency. After half an hour of waiting I did the visit myself.

Next day they sent a teenager to do the visit, he opened the door before the time, without even ringing the doorbell!

We left the flat spotless clean (again all is recorded in picture's) in the end, and they took £150 from the deposit, as they had found some dust..

As a tenant, it has a cost, but it's manageable, however if I was a landlord, my god, I would stay away like the plague!!

ESRA Property Services