Tried in vain to purchase property over a 2 week period. There were long delays before I had any response to my offers. A courtesy call would have been nice. I only received a call when a higher offer was conveniently made. When i increased my offer I was lead to believe that it would probably be enough and the fact that they arranged for a mortgage adviser to phone me while I was on holiday only added to this. However I heard nothing further for 3 days when I had to contact the office m myself only to be told they were chasing it up on Monday. They actually did phone Monday only to tell me they had a higher bidder. I increased my offer and informed them I had commenced a mortgage application online. I couldn\'t really proceed with this without a response to my offer. On Wednesday Rachel phoned to say my offer was still the highest but they wanted proof of a mortgage in principal. This I could have sorted on the Monday if I had been told. I contacted the Bank and managed to get this sorted Thursday and thy agreed to fax it. I contacted Rachel to see if she had received it only to be told they had no fax (even though there online site shows one )and anyway they had had an offer that morning for the full asking price. As I had been chasing this property for 2 weeks I felt I had no option but to match it. As I am a 1st time buyer and had shown my commitment to this property i did expect to be the obvious choice. The other bidder was in a small chain so it to be a no brainier really as more people involved. Rachel in her wisdom decided to give the vendors the choice and said she would let us know today.I had to have my mortgage offer faxed to my Mum at work for her to drop off. Rachel didn\'t seem to be bothered about this anymore.This morning I waited till 10 but had to phone her in the end only to be told the vendors wanted people in chain to have property as they needed a smaller mortgage! How ridiculous is that. None of their business where the money is coming from and also what right does Rachel have to tell them how much we were borrowing. Definitely a breach of confidence and a data integrity issue. It is quite obvious that Rachel pushed the other offer to the vendors probably because either Whitegates are selling their property or it is someone they know. She probably never even told the vendors that we had a mortgage in principal. I have spoken to lots of people about my trauma today and they all agree something underhand has gone on. I did ask when my first offer was refused what the vendors wanted but was told they didn\'t know. If I had been told they would only accept the asking price because the property had already been reduced ( which I wasn\'t aware of at the time) I very probably would have offered it 2 weeks ago. Rachel is extremely lacking in customer care and her and Whitegates have a serious communication problem. Thank you for ruining first attempt at purchasing a house Rachel and Whitegates.
What agent could do to change your mind?
Better communication. Better customer service and customer care.