Oct 29,2012
Oct 29,2012
Tried in vain to purchase property over a 2 week period. There were long delays before I had any response to my offers. A courtesy call would have been nice. I only received a call when a higher offer was conveniently made. When i increased my offer I was lead to believe that it would probably be enough and the fact that they arranged for a mortgage adviser to phone me while I was on holiday only added to this. However I heard nothing further for 3 days when I had to contact the office m myself only to be told they were chasing it up on Monday. They actually did phone Monday only to tell me they had a higher bidder. I increased my offer and informed them I had commenced a mortgage application online. I couldn\'t really proceed with this without a response to my offer. On Wednesday Rachel phoned to say my offer was still the highest but they wanted proof of a mortgage in principal. This I could have sorted on the Monday if I had been told. I contacted the Bank and managed to get this sorted Thursday and thy agreed to fax it. I contacted Rachel to see if she had received it only to be told they had no fax (even though there online site shows one )and anyway they had had an offer that morning for the full asking price. As I had been chasing this property for 2 weeks I felt I had no option but to match it. As I am a 1st time buyer and had shown my commitment to this property i did expect to be the obvious choice. The other bidder was in a small chain so it to be a no brainier really as more people involved. Rachel in her wisdom decided to give the vendors the choice and said she would let us know today.I had to have my mortgage offer faxed to my Mum at work for her to drop off. Rachel didn\'t seem to be bothered about this anymore.This morning I waited till 10 but had to phone her in the end only to be told the vendors wanted people in chain to have property as they needed a smaller mortgage! How ridiculous is that. None of their business where the money is coming from and also what right does Rachel have to tell them how much we were borrowing. Definitely a breach of confidence and a data integrity issue. It is quite obvious that Rachel pushed the other offer to the vendors probably because either Whitegates are selling their property or it is someone they know. She probably never even told the vendors that we had a mortgage in principal. I have spoken to lots of people about my trauma today and they all agree something underhand has gone on. I did ask when my first offer was refused what the vendors wanted but was told they didn\'t know. If I had been told they would only accept the asking price because the property had already been reduced ( which I wasn\'t aware of at the time) I very probably would have offered it 2 weeks ago. Rachel is extremely lacking in customer care and her and Whitegates have a serious communication problem. Thank you for ruining first attempt at purchasing a house Rachel and Whitegates.
Better communication. Better customer service and customer care.
By: shawel
Jan 14, 2013
Alex Wilkinson's reply has been very useful at balancing the orginal review.
By: Alex Wilkinson
Oct 29, 2012
Morning Dawn thank you for your feedback. I would like to take this opportunity to explain the reasons as to why your offer took so long to get a decision, as advised this property was being dealt with by family members who each had to be made aware of any offers received. In this particular case one of the family members was actually in France and was only contactable in the evenings which was advised to your mum who we had most of our dealings with. Unfortunatley by the time a response was given by the family a further 2 offers had been submitted, at which point you were advised immediatley. When you increased your offer this was put straight to our client who as advised needed to speak to family members. Rachael, Rea & myself kept your mum as up to date as we possibly could with the infomation we were being given by our clients. When yourself and a further party both submitted full asking price all information regarding each party was given to the client & their family for them to make a decision with who they wished to proceed with. It is customery when making offers on property you will be asked what percentage of mortgage you will be obtaining & this will be passed over to the clients & this case was no exception to that, the clients were made aware you had your mortgage in principle & advised what percentage of mortgage you were getting. At no point will any offer/potential purchaser ever be favoured by ourselves over another, the decision is always made by the client who is selling the property. Your mum was given all the information regarding the property and to its reduction in a conversation with myself. I have spoken with the staff at the office in great length this morning especially with regards to your comments about Rachael and her lack of customer service, I have been party to many of Rachaels conversation with both yourself & your mum & I have spoken with your mum in depth regarding this property, I can understand that you are upset at not obtaining the property but we can only give the clients all the information and leave it to them to make their decision as to who they wish to proceed with & it is unfortunate that in this case they decided to go with the other party. I have spoken with you today regarding your comments above and hope to have resolved some of your issues as they were clearly out of our control. Good luck with your new purchase we are pleased you have found somewhere. Kind Regards Alex Wilkinson

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Whitegates Estate Agents Preston Branch! To leave a new review of Whitegates Estate Agents Preston Branch, please click the link below !
Write a review for Whitegates Estate Agents Preston Branch