Keenans Estate Agents Limited
4/5, 6 reviews
83% recommended
100% sales valuation accuracy
100% sales fee satisfaction

“Looking to purchase our second family home......”

Aug 06,2019
By: 'MK'
Aug 06,2019
Looking to purchase our second family home, and unfortunately around Chorley at least (but checking the reviews I can see it's company-wide), Keenan's seem to be 'trying' to sell the majority of properties which is staggering to me. From their 4 year old grammar they use to list people's properties, to the absolute outright lies and underhanded tactics they attempt to use on you, instantly. Sam, for example, when we went to look at a property - as we approached the front door he said "listen, before you come in and I show you round, I must tell you I'm here 3-5 days a week showing people round so this property is going to go like a hot cake, we've already had a concrete offer just this morning for over the asking price, so if your interested there's no time to waste...come on in" (5 weeks later the property is still for sale and taking viewings) - so I then asked why this property has been on the market for almost 7 months? he then talked some absolute nonsensical garbage about how deals have fallen through 3-4 times and they are professional so it doesn't show or something?...I actually didn't understand his lack of social and English speaking skills. He then proceeded to tell us 2 more couples were coming right after us (5:30pm on a wet Wednesday evening was our appointment time) so we need to basically have a quick look round. All of this whilst on his phone on Facebook. We almost stopped at the front door and walked away without even looking at the property due to the insane BS he reeled off before introducing himself, but gave him the benefit of doubt as we really liked the property. Our friends live on the same estate, and kept an eye out for people viewing the property that night. Guess what? only the owners returned home approx 20 mins after we left. Amongst this, his arrogant attitude and cheap polyester suit accompanied by worn-out plastic George shoes to complete the ultimate 2019 Estate Agent just didn't sit right at all with us. We enquired about other properties in other area's through Keenans in hope we could avoid this mule, but the fella we spoke to on the phone never got back to us on 3 occasions to view other properties. I'm assuming it's a culture thing.

It's absolutely no surprise the house has been on for 7 months if these are the folk trying to sell your house. If we like a property through Keenans, we will knock on the door and speak to the house owner or leave a note. Please save your money and try to find a more pro-active, honest EA to list your property as these are the dregs.

Keenans Estate Agents Limited