Belvoir
100% sales valuation accuracy
100% sales fee satisfaction
100% lettings valuation accuracy
50% lettings fee satisfaction

“Shocking letting agent, providing wrong information then charging £300+ for their mistakes!...”

Aug 01,2019
By: 'Joshua Buckland'
Aug 01,2019
Been a tenant with Belvoir for over 8 months, reached out to our letting agent to ask if they would be able to advertise the flat early as my partner and I were looking to buy a house, and naturally could not afford to pay rent and a mortgage at the same time so got in touch to see if they would be able to help. They responded by stating that our fixed term ended in early September and that they would take this as our notice to leave.

Following this I chased 3 times over the following month to confirm that they were certain that this was the case and again it was confirmed that our last rent payment is due in August and that we will need to cover all the bills etc until the 11th September. As this was confirmed to us multiple times by the Letting agent we proceeded with our house purchase that will complete in line with the end of tenancy that they told us.

Now a month later again, we get an email out of the blue that now they have actually reviewed things that we our tenancy now ends in November not September like they stated twice before even when chased for clarity.

On top of this they have suddenly come up with "£300 relet charge fee" so that they can start marketing the property early, which is not mentioned anywhere in any agreements so attempting to "bend us over a barrel".

Since they have realised there monumental mistake, which has potentially put us into a big financial situation, and we have attempted to further communicate with them once again they have fallen back into form of not responding.

I appreciate that mistakes can be made, but instead of owning the mistake and try to work with us to come up with a solution then I would have been happy to give them 5 stars as their maintenance team have been brilliant. But instead they haven't acknowledged the mistake that they made, nor even apologised, but thrown us a bill for £300 which is not written in any agreements and not even attempted to open a dialogue on finding a solution.

I am extremely disappointed with Belvoir and hopefully this comes to a happy resolution, but given the current course I am not holding my breath.

Belvoir