Oct 25,2012
Oct 25,2012
I was a tenant for one year with Whitegates at 12 Orchid Way, Shirebrook. No complaints with the company until the time came to recieving my £575 deposit bond back. At the end of our tenancy agreement on 6th October one of their agents arranged a time to meet us to check the house for cleanliness, damages and hand over keys. I presumed the Landlord would have been there at the time to inspect and state any issues he had there and then. Instead the agent had a very breif look around the house said everything was ok, and said we would receive our despoit bond back in a cheque as soon as the landlord had inspected it. It took a week for the landlord to check, he stated he was not happy and wanted a cupboard wiping, a couple of shoe marks removing and the garden weeding. This was annoying as two of these job could have been done if he was present at the meeting with the agent. We then had to drive back to the agency to pick the keys up to complete these jobs. another 2 weeks after Whitegates stated he still is not happy and wants £200 for another wall that needs painting ?? No mention of this in his first inspection. I refused to pay the £200 as it is exstreamly unreasonable as there is no damage within the house and it is very clean - Whitegates stated it takes 6 weeks to make an offical complant and the landlord will have to prove repairs to the house in receipts. Obviously the Landlord is a shark who is trying to find any excuse not to pay us back the deposit but I feel Whitegates policy is poor in terms of protecting the customer from an unreasonale Landlord. I feel it is the whole policy is a deliberate ploy to .attept withhold and if possible not pay back the £ 575 bond. Whitegates should make an arrangement for the landlord, agent and tenants to be there at the inspection of the house. Not a happy customer and still in dispute with Whitegates and the Landlord.
Return my deposit. Arrange for a housing inspection with the landlord present.
By: unhappy landlord
Oct 27, 2012
As the Landlord of the above Property in Shirebrook ,I have the following comments to make. The tenants had repeatedly been told of the overgrown and unkempt state of the front and rear gardens months before they decided to terminate their tenancy agreement. Prior to them taking up tenancy the interior was completely redecorated,and the kitchenwas thoroughly cleaned ,including the cooker.
Upon inspection I noted again the overgrown and unkempt state of the garden both front and rear. the entrance porch has scuff marks on the walls,as though shoes had been kicked off against them,including cobwebs hanging from the ceiling. the kitchen walls have paint chips knocked out of them and requires repainting to bring it back to an acceptable standard. When I went to open the kitchen cupboard above the cooker my fingers literally stuck to the knob ,because it was so encrusted with congeeled grease ,as was the extractor hood.They were given the opportunity to either rectify these issues themselves.or by a contractor nominated either by Whitegate or myself.
They elected to carry out the work themselves, but it was only partially done and that to an exceedingly poor standard,and therefore requires completing properly. Up to yet no mention has been made about the bathroom light that they managed pull to off t he ceiling, which I,ve had to have refitted at my expence.In hindsight I feel that I have been more than generous in asking Whitegates to only retain £200.00 of the deposit back in order to rectify the issues concerned. Further more I take exception to being called "shark" by people who are unable to keep a house in a clean ,hygenic and habitable condition
Oct 27, 2012
Following your review I would like to respond that unfortunately the final decision regarding any deposit deuductions at check out is the property owners decision. Whitegates act as mediators between the two parties, however in your situation this has not been agreed.
A member from Whitegates will contact you shortly regarding the complaints procedure, as we feel you may have confused the complaints timescales with the timescale relating to the deposit dispute procedure.
Oct 27, 2012

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Whitegates Estate Agents Office 16! To leave a new review of Whitegates Estate Agents Office 16, please click the link below !
Write a review for Whitegates Estate Agents Office 16