Purplebricks

“A Buyers View...”

Jul 17,2019
By: 'Jack'
Jul 17,2019
This review is from the buyers perspective. As anyone selling their home though the site will need buyers like me I believe its pertinent. I have dealt with Purplebricks to see three properties in my local town. The first was a calamity. I booked a viewing online and had it changed five times (including on the day) by the inept agent. The excuse on the day was that she didn't have the keys to the property. Surely estate agency 101 is to have the keys. I had to wait 10 days, contact the manager of the local agent & contact the owner of the property to get a viewing.

My last interaction with the company was viewing a property I really liked. I put an offer in online and within 20 minutes had a rude man call me trying to sell me solicitor services and mortgage advice. I explained i needed neither. He then was very unfriendly. The vendor hadn't even said yes or no to my offer. To try to find out what the vendor wanted price wise I called the agent representing them to discuss. Four days later i'm still awaiting a call back.

Purplebricks are cheap. But like anything in life you get what you pay for. They don't care about buyers at all. And at the end of the day we are as important as the seller. I have been mucked around terribly by the team in Maidstone, Kent. You may not get the best price for your property if the buyers cant even hear how much they would need to pay to purchase.
Not known.