Oct 24,2012
Oct 24,2012
I rented a property with Square Mile from October 2007 until Sept 2009. Our water tank burst and flooded the flat. Square Mile could not get an engineer to come out and repair the tank in a timely manner and left us without running water for a month. The agent who we phoned helpfully said "get a gym membership and use their showers".

I pointed out that my contract stated that running water was a mandatory item and withheld rent. This seemed to encourage them to arrange repair. But even so, they were stuck on their plumber who informed us that he couldnt\' get our water tank sized from their approved supplier list, but that size was available through other suppliers. In the end they forced the plumber to fit in a water tank which was half the size of the original and meant that neither myself or my flatmate could use two water items at the same time. Couldn\'t use two showers at the same time, couldn\'t use the shower or flush a toilet at the same time causing day to day problems.

In the end we had a rough time agreeing compensation but they said that we had 60% discount on rent for that month (when I think we should have not paid anything as they broke contract). Due to the water damage, one of the bedrooms needed to have the carpets professionally cleaned, which they arranged. However, on check out they didn\'t notify us of any deductions within the 10 working days per our contract and got in touch 15 working days later trying to make deductions, one of which was for professional cleaning of the carpets. We disputed the deductions and they withheld our deposit for 9 months.

They were totally horrible to deal with, unhelpful to the point of rudeness / stupidity and I would advise everyone to steer clear.
It would have been helpful if they had been able to deal with emergency repairs, cleaning and deposits in a TIMELY and professional manner, but this was sadly extremely lacking.
By: Louise
Nov 01, 2012

I am really sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with the service provided by Square Mile. I am head of Customer Services here at Square Mile and I wondered if I could be of any further assistance. If you could e-mail me further details to customerservices@thamesview.co.uk, we can discuss the situation directly and try and resolve any outstanding issues for you.

I will look forward to hearing from you.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Square Mile Property Management Office 1! To leave a new review of Square Mile Property Management Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Square Mile Property Management Office 1