Oct 24,2012
Oct 24,2012
This company is a byword for inefficiency. My lease requires me to get permission every six months to continue renting my property to a tenant, along with an \'administration\' fee of around £50. I get no benefit from this whatsoever and have never seen such an arrangement, but since this is a condition of the original lease I should not complain too much.

I found that my service charges doubled after a few years of owning the property. I get accounts for the spend, but I cannot understand why a relatively mature block (about 10 years old) should suddenly suffer such a rapid escalation in service charge. The main increase was due to escalation of insurance premiums.

I much prefer to do stuff over the internet if possible, and, to be fair, OM have a decent website. However they do not allow you to pay by BACS/Faster Payments. The website says that you can contact them to get the details, and they promise to post it to you (seriously!), but you can wait forever. To release the sort code and account number the cannon-fodder on the call centre have to go through their managers, who, I presume just ignore these requests.

They have a large surcharge for paying by credit card, but I don\'t have a debit card for my company.

This is a seriously dysfunctional company. Avoid buying a place that they manage if at all possible.
Putting their account details on their website (or on their bills!) would be a good start. My review gives some ideas where they\'ve gone wrong!
Attached Files