“Local Agency with a Great Approach....”

Jul 05,2019
Guy
Dan
By: 'Mr Paul A Read'
Jul 05,2019
Let's face it, estate agency is not generally the most loved profession and selling or buying a house is not made easy by the UK laws and procedures. It's not something we would choose to do for fun! Conran was the third estate agent I have used to sell my property - oh how I wish I'd gone their first!!

I tried an online estate agent first - I though it was worth a punt - and at first seemed all OK, Service was pretty good, but the viewings started like a slow stream and rapidly went to a tiny trickle. Then, they only had one answer - drop the price, repeated pretty much every day until I got fed up with them and gave them the shove. The next agent I tried was a traditional high street agent - and they seemed to do their utmost to live up to the generally poor reputation that plagues the profession, pushing me to accept a ridiculously low offer solely for their commission and without trying to understand my situation. So they were next to be disposed with.

I then came to Conran, what a complete difference. Guy Marsh, the head of the branch is an absolute gentleman, the exact opposite of the perceived typical 'Flash Harry' portrayal of an estate agent and he has assembled a great team around him. Guy very much took the time to listen and understand my situation, has never been pushy, and definitely had our best interests at heart.

So what was the difference? Well, for starters we had 34 viewings in a pretty short period of time - astonishing given the poor amount we had through the other two agents (which would of course have already exhausted some of the local enquiry pool). Then when viewings flagged a little Conran produced a bespoke leaflet for our property and personally delivered it to a large number of flats in our area to try and snag a buyer.

Generally speaking one of the younger chaps in the branch - Dan, did our viewings, very professional and courteous and as far as experience goes I felt we had an excellent service from him. We also occasionally dealt with Pedro who was equally pleasant to work with. Thanks to both.

We're now sold STC and Guy and the back-office team are helping everything to run smoothly, I won't lie, it's a stressful time, but I feel that Conran have worked very hard to reduce this stress to the minimum.

Guy has always been available for advice and assistance when needed and the whole team certainly seems to have put their heart and soul into the process.

Costs - well, I won't put any figures here as they don't mean that much as time goes buy but I will say that I felt the charges were reasonable and in line with other estate agents in the area, given the superb service I will have no regrets whatsoever when settling the bill!

In summary very, very highly commended estate agents, I only hope that if I come to sell again that Guy has set up a Conran branch near our new place!!! Many thanks to Guy and the team.
By: Oliver Powell
Jul 09, 2019
Wow, we are immensely proud to receive so many well written and positive reviews on a regular basis but it is rare to get a review which is as comprehensive and well written as this. Thank you very much Paul - it honestly means the world to Guy, Dan and the Brockley team but also to me, Simon and the wider team here at Conran that we are able to make such a positive impact on someone's life.

We often find ourselves discussing internally the importance of what we do and how we can be the difference between someone enjoying a smooth transition between their homes. By focusing on that, we can hopefully be more successful and proving that world class service.

This absolutely made my day to read this.

Many thanks again and the very best of luck in your new home.

Kindest Regards