Oct 22,2012
Oct 22,2012
Have just left a house after 3 and a half years and have had nothing but issues including leaks, unfinished building work, no heating/hot water for a 9 week period...the list goes on.
Now the tenancy has finished we have seen the report made by an independant company of the check out. Thamesview have told us today, (1 day before we should have got our deposit back) that the landlord is witholding £750 of the deposit. She has decided that the grass was too long, the bush in the street was not trimmed enough, there were a few crumbs in the cooker door and some things she didn\'t recognise in the shed !!! This is what Dexters/Thamesview are all about. They are only there for the landlord. When we had no hot water or heating in the winter of 2011, we were told that there was nothing they could do as it was up to the landlord.
Don\'t even think about quoting your tenancy agreement because they will basically tell you that its not worth the paper its written on as our landlord was able to invent & change clauses at her leisure and we didn\'t have a leg to stand on.
When we had a leak due to poor workmanship and the wooden floor bowed & raised up by 6 inches, the landlord told us she didn\'t have the money to fix it. When my disabled mother-in-law couldn\'t lift her leg high enough to step over the damage & fell injuring her hip, we were told there was nothing they could again as it was down to the landlord. The problem with this is that you have to go through them to contact the landlord !!!
This company is beyond a joke & should my full deposit not be paid, I will be taking both them & the landlord to court for misrepresentation. Dexters & Thameview really need to read up on how to do the job ! As a tenant you are treated like a second class citizen & EVERYTHING they do, is solely for the landlord & the attitude is if you don\'t like it, tough !!
I have rented for 28 years & have never come across this level of unprofessionalism before. I have left this house in a better condition than when I moved in, but apparently, 3 & a half years of wear & tear is classed as distructive !!!
If I could do more than write a scathing review, I would but I wouldn\'t go with this company again and only wish I\'d read the reviews before using them back in 2009 !!!!!
By: Louise
Nov 01, 2012

I am really sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with the service provided by Dexters. I am head of Customer Services here at Dexters and I wondered if I could be of any further assistance. If you could e-mail me further details to customerservices@thamesview.co.uk, we can discuss the situation directly and try and resolve any outstanding issues for you.

I will look forward to hearing from you.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Dexters Office 12! To leave a new review of Dexters Office 12, please click the link below !
Write a review for Dexters Office 12