Oct 22,2012
Oct 22,2012
The worst letting agency ever!!
my and my partner rented 4 month ago a flat in Centrium....because we had a transferred tenancy contract we didn\'t deal to much with them for the fees and viewing arrangements as the last tenants took care of that for us ....but ....after a few weeks we had moved into the managed property ( by Foxtons of course)...we had our car clamped because Rebeke didn\'t bother to register us for the parking permits....we try so many times to contact her to instruct the concierge to give us a parking permit as he needed instruction from the agency ...but she was always in a holiday !!
we paid after all and spoke with one of the managers and finally got the parking permit as the concierge was instructed by them to do so...but still had to pay another fee as she said to him that we lost our permit so we had to pay a penalty fee !!
we never got the contract signed ....we had to call again her manager and after 3 month we final had a signed contract !!!
but the drop wasn\'t just that ....10 days ago we received in the post a letter addressed to the owner and any current occupiers....my curiosity lead me to open the letter that was in fact a eviction notification from Guildford County Court
we were notified that the property will be reposed and we will be evicted in 26th October 2012 and that was the final decision as the owner didn\'t paid her mortgage and the bank reposed the property.
I\'m getting married on 27th October am i actually was hoping this is a bad joke ..after all in my mind was that we had signed for a 2 years tenancy agreement and we are in the property just for the last 4 months...
I contacted Foxtons straight away and Rebeka said is not a joke..... is really serious and we have to leave by 26 October 2012 ....and gave me only 10 days to evict the property.....
I tried to talk with them....nothing ...they didn\'t care about us ....they were saying is not their fault...we are just one of the unluckiest people and that\'s way we are now evicted in just 10 days....they even suggested to find a shelter as we will be in the street so will need to find space to sleep ....And now we are with rent paid in advance ...the deposit also and not to talk about all the fees we paid then and we have to pay now to another agency if we can find something in this sort period to actually move until this Friday
They don\'t want to refund us nothing and when we requested the end of the tenancy agreement due to the circumstances ....they send me a letter dated 3 months ago in witch there were notifying me that the tenancy is ending and we have to pay more fees for the inventory and the professional cleaning if we want to get our deposit back....they even wrote the wrong address for the flat.... according to them we were renting another flat .... also she requested a copy of the signed tenancy agreement as she was saying that we never send it to her ...so that probably lost by them... lucky I keep everything and have proof of the incompetence of their personnel !!!
So here I am ... thanks to Foxtons ....looking for a place to live as we are evicted this Friday ...planing a weeding that will happen this Saturday ....and loosing my money as they don\'t want to refund us nothing !!! The lettings manager with whom we had a not so nice conversation ...this Daniel Green ....was washing his hand of this situation and continually telling us Foxton are not to be blame for this...and keeps repeating that here in UK the lows are differentiated ...and here in UK the agency doesn\'t protect the tenant ...just the owner...and also here in UK....he really tried his best to tell us we are foreigners and we don\'t know the UK\'s lows as we don\'t have any rights here!!! In the 2 hours conversation he mentioned "here in UK" more then 100 times !!! And still didn\'t do anything to fix the situation!!!
Don\'t use Foxtons!!!! you\'ll end up crying in your wedding g day that you don\'t have a place to live :(

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Foxtons Woking! To leave a new review of Foxtons Woking, please click the link below !
Write a review for Foxtons Woking