Oct 21,2012
Oct 21,2012
I am new to Glasgow and moved here due to job change and rented a flat at 99 Queensborough Gardens. The letting agent insisted that i had to pay from 1st of October despite that i could only move to Glasgow around the 7th. However, this is only the beginning of my nightmare. My flat is on the ground floor, recently decorated and pricy, but i thought i liked the location, so it would worth it. However, after moving in, i found out that this flat was freezing cold and there was cold damp air continuously coming from the gap between the wood board. An engineer told me that it was because it was empty basement underneath and there was no insulation layer at all.
It is very cold in my flat, despite that this is only October, so I began to email the Agent, but they are very unhelpful and told me that the flat was taken as it was, because i saw it before my contract, and that the landlord said i felt cold was because i came from the South, and that the heating was sufficient in this flat. Jennifer refused to do any work to stop the cold coming from beneath and my flat felt like an open space. I went to the branch on the Byres Road where I rented my flat and told them what happened. A staff suggested me to contact the manager of the Department of Property Management at the Centre of Glasgow. When I called them up, a girl refused me to speak to her manager and told me coldly that her colleague called Stephanie Bennet had been dealing with it and that the landlord was unwilling to do any floor work. However, the two emails i got from this property management is that the flat would be left as it was.
This is my second week in Glasgow and my experience made me feel awful as i never met an agent as unhelpful and rude as this one. They forced me to pay a week more rent before I arrived, as they knew i was not local and i had to find a flat quickly, and after i reported the insulation problem, they decided to leave me alone. I felt helpless, as it is getting colder and colder. I have spent a lot of money in buying rugs which did not help.
if i want a warm flat for this winter, i will have to move out soon, which means that i will lose my deposit as i signed 6 months contract.
Could anyone suggest what i could do in this case? Could any one help? Is there any law and regulation that protects a tenant? Thank you!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Slater Hogg & Howison Branch! To leave a new review of Slater Hogg & Howison Branch, please click the link below !
Write a review for Slater Hogg & Howison Branch