“WATCH OUT FOR THESE CROOKS...”

Jun 06,2019
By: 'JJ4OBAN'
Jun 06,2019
This agency are dodgy as hell.

so i moved, partly because the house was a dump in a naff area, but mostly because of dwell's persistent harassment.

we settled things despite some dubious claims on the deposit. (£108 check out fee..... they keep that one quiet but it's in the small print of your contact, you have to pay these guys for the privilege of leaving them?)

we agreed in the end that to settle things amicably, my deposit would be taken in full to cover all maintenance costs, and the outstanding rent, and that no further costs would be pursued. fair deal.... right?

wrong....

here's where things get interesting, 6 months later I receive a call from a debt collector, acting on behalf of let alliance. they say they're chasing substantial rent arrears from a property rented to me by dwell. and that it is the cover the cost of a guaranteed rent insurance claim made by the landlord. how can that be when the rent was paid? well I rang dwell to find out....

the response I got is "we cannot assist in this matter you need to speak to the insurer"

from what I can tell, dwell have taken my deposit. not used it for what was agreed and then made a claim on their insurance for the rent value. which the insurance company is now chasing me for. effectively bypassing the deposit protection scheme my bond was held in.

dwell are now ignoring my correspondence, refusing to provide receipts for my rental payments and generally just digging themselves a hole.

luckily, I have everything that was agreed in writing and the backing of DPS, if you're thinking of, or already are renting with this agency watch out, and get everything in writing.
very very bad