“Refreshing...”

Jun 05,2019
By: 'Rehan Siddiqui'
Jun 05,2019
I have been a landlord since 2004 and have steadily grown my portfolio of properties. I have been with the same agent who has been letting out my properties since this time. For the last couple of years though I had become disillusioned by my current agent. Updates were not forthcoming, marketing was lack lustre and the management of the properties was not proactive.

I therefore decided to search for a new agent and via google reviews found that Oakwood Estates in Burnham had excellent reviews and came highly recommended. From my first chat with Shannon I knew this experience would be refreshing and different but I still didn't want to put my hopes up. I handed over two of my properties to Shannon who herself was surprised as to why they were not let sooner. There was a three bed semi family home and a 2 bed penthouse flat.

Oakwood Estates were engaged on Friday 17th May. Shannon and I negotiated our terms and I found the team to be very friendly, approachable, flexible and patient. Both properties were let within days, the referencing processing went through and any glitches and delays were discussed, communicated and resolved quickly. Both sets of tenants will move in on 08/06/2019. That's 22 days from engagement of Oakwood!

The reasons for the success in my case were:

• Hunger to get the properties let and help me as a landlord to get the rent in
• Proactiveness
• Excellent quality marketing documents
• Well worded adverts on various property websites
• My favourite one – continuous proactive updates on viewings, feedback on viewings, offers etc.

Oakwood are not a new business so this is not a honeymoon period in the industry for them which is why its even nicer to see that there are businesses who care about customers and their different needs as well as the business's own profitability.

I hope that the management side of the lettings department are as good as the marketing side and the signs so far from my dealings with property manage Lucinda Swaney have been positive.

Thank you so much team – here's to a long running, happy and prosperous relationship – please carry on doing what you're doing.
Oakwood Estates are very willing to negotiate - so always ask.
Attachments