“Unprofessional - either dishonest or incompetent...”

Jun 04,2019
By: 'HRolfe'
Jun 04,2019
Instead of writing a review, I'm just going to copy a complaint email I just sent to London Stone Properties so that my flatmate and I can begin proceedings with the Property Ombudsman Service:

Hi Michelle,

Here is a list of your organisation's unprofessional conduct:

- We emailed you several times to get our front door handle fixed. Someone came round to repaint the Ensuite and fix the handle but he didn't fix the handle. We kept contacting you but our door handle never got fixed. For 2 years we lived with a broken front door handle because of your organisation's lack of proactivity to resolve this issue.

- The Ensuite paint started flaking because your guy did a bad job, and now we are being charged for it.

- Towards the end of the tenancy you did not inform us of a viewing. One of your team entered our flat while I was heading to the shower. This was a very difficult situation as I thought our flat was being broken into and I was not dressed. We received no official apology.

- CCTV does not cover the whole car park at Warehouse Court, which is absurd in and of itself. Someone hit Tom's car in the car park, and he was not able to claim on insurance because he had parked in the area that is not covered by CCTV.

- Our iron did not work when we arrived at the flat. We were told to buy a new one ourselves, which we did. We left it at the flat when we moved out and now you are claiming it is not there and we are being charged for it.

- You are charging us for a whole paint job. The flat had not been repainted when we moved in, and literally every room in the inventory has several entries stating the poor condition of the walls.

- Richard claimed that the LHS flaking paint in the Shower Room is 'excessive wear and tear'. This is an absurd claim as the wall is literally within range of the shower. He also stated that this is because the Shower Room was repainted in November 2017. This is wrong. The Ensuite was repainted in 2017. He did not acknowledge this error, and you are charging us for something that is quite literally stated in the inventory.

- The broken window handle in the Master Bedroom was included in the report when it should not have been. We had to complain to get it removed.

- You are charging us for 12 hours of cleaning. This is absurd as Tom and I spent about 30 hours cleaning the flat, starting about 6 weeks before we moved out. We also got a professional cleaner to do 8 hours of work in the final weak. The photos Richard sent show minimal cleaning to do (less than 2 hours of basic cleaning).

- Richard said that London Stone Properties would pay us £1,525, into Tom's account, asap. He then reneged on this, saying it was a mistake, and did not even apologise.

- When I spoke to you over the phone, you told me you don't have the £1,525 to pay us. We do not believe this.

This is not a comprehensive list so we will let you know as and when other instances spring to mind.

Please respond to this email within 15 working days, as stipulated by the Property Ombudsman Service, so that we may begin proceedings with them.

As stated, we will also be leaving many reviews mentioning the above points.

Alternatively, you could pay us the £1,525, like you said you would.

Hudson and Tom