Oct 19,2012
Oct 19,2012
We have moved in to Kemble House December 2011. We found this studio by luck, and relatively great bargain. (added it has been empty for three months)

We came to view this place, and I was quite impressed with what we found and for the price especially for living in Soho. Our lease started on the 1 December 2011.
Shortly after we moved in and settled, I was awoken by which seemed to be drumming. I had to get up as this sound was quite loud and needed to investigate to find the source of the noise.
This was at 2am in the morning, I was lucky that night to find a neighbor outside, in which I asked her regards to drumming. She told me that we actually have a recording studio underneath the building and that this has been an ongoing issue for a very long time. Looking at about 4 years.
I immediately found the recording studio\'s contact details and sent them an email regards to the drumming.
The reply I got the next day was that this is not from their premises and that they are tired of being accused of noise when it\'s not from them.
It happened a second occasion, at 4am in the morning. I ended up calling them and spoke to the owner, Jasmin Lee. In which she refused to stop just because we cant sleep and she needs to make her income. And she is not going to stop. They have "never" had complaints from neighbors and we are the first to do so.
I was furious. This issue went on for weeks and months on end, eventually by luck I had a council member from the noise team in our flat who actually could hear the drumming.
We went down to the studios to tell them they need to stop as this can lead to a serious situation. I had a conflict between the staff members on the noise and was insulted and asked why did my estate agent not warn us about the studio?

The next day I contacted Sophie Danes (EA Shaw) And Laura Ingram (Soho Estates) via email. They apologized deeply and said they were never ¢â‚¬Å“aware¢â‚¬Â of this issue. Eventually they came back with a resolution, the recording studio had a new clause in their contract that no noise or recording may take place after 11pm! And they will have the recording studio build a "room within a room" so that the sound will be blocked.
The noise was so bad that it could be heard up to the third floor, and we still have shops below us as well.

The matter was never resolved, the room was never built and the only thing that EA Shaw came up with was another level of laminated flooring or carpets if we wanted?
But sadly the walls will still carry up sound.
Till this very day (10 months) we still hear the sound, I sometimes have to go to the studio at night to ask them to stop.
This property is hell to live in, and we are 6 flats on three levels that actually hear this drumming and recordings. I even once heard singing!

After the extra laminating, we had the edges left to fix, it has been more than four months after several emails and calls, to have it fixed.
After much patience, I decided to email again, this time with a trick to it. My only thought for this lack of maintenance was that they were hoping we would give notice. Sadly it was not going to happen.

In my email to Sophie and Laura, I requested to have the edges fixed, as we had a few times knocked our feet on the edges and it is a health risk. And ¢â‚¬Å“we would still like to stay on.¢â‚¬Â
I received an email with sincere apologies and that she was not aware that it was still not done, and this was the answer after my numerous emails!
The next day, the maintenance man came to fix it, and I still said to him, I think EA Shaw is hoping we will move out, because why are they not attending to matters?
My floors were fixed and all was sorted, except of course the drumming.
To my not so surprise, we received an email from EA Shaw, giving us two months notice, and the landlord (Soho Estates) requires the property back.
They have given us a late overdue notice as they were legally and contracted to actually have handed us the notice on 1 October 2012, they gave it almost two weeks late and still extended our lease after the 1 December 2012 to the 12 December 2012 and expected us to pay the extra. We were not signed up for that long period and the two weeks actually went over our contracted lease!

Out of desperation and financial situation, we kindly asked to stay on as we cannot afford to move now as my husband was made redundant in May, and was lucky enough to start employment after a month. I might add with a big pay cut. I also started a new job with a pay cut and we do not have any savings to afford a move.
They still replied with they want the property back.
We have requested seeing they want us out, can we please have the deposit by the 2 December 2012, when we actually leave. We really need this for new accommodation.
Still no answer has been given.
This Estate and property is a nightmare, filthy premises and lack of maintenance. EA Shaw has been aware about the noise and never discussed it, as they wont of course. The previous tenants stayed apparently about 6 months, as they could not bare the noise.
We have elderly people in this building, and numerous times they have all complained. I was informed that we were the first people to actually have the luck of a council member to hear the noise from underground.
I was even able to record the sound off the wall with my iPhone.

It has been a difficult year, and despite the nightmares, we still wanted to and needed to stay on.
We are being evicted by a company which got too tired of our complaining and that did not want to take any responsibility and have a big lack of professionalism.
I don't think I'll ever recommend neither estate nor the premises.
Show more respect to the tenants, for a company that deals with \"Prime Locations\" like this, they are doing a very bad job at it. To get rid of us does not make the problem go away, this will be a continues problem permanently. Show a bit more honesty to new potential tenants, would you actually inform them about the recording studio in the future, guess not.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of E A Shaw Office 1! To leave a new review of E A Shaw Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for E A Shaw Office 1