“Diabolicle, shoddy and unprofessional...”

May 22,2019
By: 'Ripped off and furious'
May 22,2019
Worst experience of an estate agent ever. Initially the agent put house on sale for one hundred thousand less than the asking price leading us to be inundated with requests to view. Although he rectified this on the website, no apology and I had the job of ringing prospective viewers to tell them the price was wrong and had to deal with horrible comments from them. The website is a joke. Once you finally get your head around how it works it times you out of a page within seconds so you have to work hard and quickly to deal with enquiries. The agent said as I signed the contract that he would give us full support and ring us every two weeks to see how things were progressing. Then we heard nothing from him for around nine weeks. He gave us a 'fixed fee' but when we got the bill they added VAT ontop of what was quoted. Then to further add to the misery, I have had another horrible experience trying to pay the bill. Purplebricks use a company called Duologi for finance arrangements. As I tried to complete the online form to pay it timed me out really quickly. I rang and they reset it. The same thing happened and when I rang back I spoke to an awful young woman who was as unhelpful as she could be. She said it was the fault of my internet connection and although my bill was due to be paid the next day she was refusing to help me. I had to insist that she reset it and stay on the phone line until I completed the form and it went through. All the while she sighed and if I asked for help there was silence and more sighing. She was rude and unhelpful. At the end of the call she was actually aggressive in her tone as she hung up and I was left shaking and in tears. My internet connection is superb as my son works at home for an online company. Basically, I have been charged 0ver £1000 for a guy to take photos of my property and upload onto the internet and a sign put up in my garden which by the way, my husband has had to take down as despite several requests they have not yet taken down. I fail to see how I have recieved a 'service' of any kind from Purple Bricks. We have withdrawn the house from the market and after paying over £1000 we will now need to go to an old fashioned high street agent who don't charge you then leave you to do all the work yourself. If you want to actually sell your house and want to have the people you pay to help you actually help you then do not go with PurpleBricks. Even if you are internet and computer savvi as I am it is still an absolute nightmare to navigate their systems. If you are not then you have no hope as once you've signed the agreement you are on your own!
Bad