Oct 18,2012
Oct 18,2012
This property was on the market for sale in mid 2011 and a sale had already fallen through before I first saw it. My partner and I viewed the property with Faye who spent most of her time sat down (I have a picture to prove it). We expressed a keen interest in the property and were giving the level of our offer some thought. The following day Richard Leece rang and said that his client had decided to accept an offer from someone else and did not want to hear what our offer might have been.

Two weeks or so later, Richard Leece rings me again to say that it had fallen through once again and asking if we still had a continuing interest. We submitted an offer and it was accepted by the executors of the estate which owned the property.

Richard Leece had mentioned that drainage was to a septic tank on land on the other side of the road but failed to mention that there was no easement for this connection or for the tank, although this was known to him. It took a further 6 months to complete the purchase and ridiculous legal fees to acheive this. A tri-partite agreement with the Council was required and the costs just went through the roof.

Richard Leece should not have put this property on the market knowing that it was not saleable. The property was in my clear opinion misrepresented by Gascoigne Halman. Hell will freeze over before I use this firm again.
By: Richard Leece
Oct 19, 2012
In response to the above remarks the complications relating to the easements only became apparent as the conveyance progressed, prior to this we had no knowledge of the complications experienced. Furthermore please find below our vendors comments made on allagents.co.uk (10/02/12) detailing their delight in the service levels received from us during this protracted and complicated transaction:

A 5 Star review by John Bradshaw, Fri 10th February 2012 Branch:10 Town Street Marple Bridge,
Services:Sales (as a Vendor)
Staff MemberRichard Leece
Stockport Stockport
Experience:Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was executor for the estate of a long-term friend and part of that duty was to act on his behalf in the sale of his house. Richard was very helpful in what was an emotional and time consuming situation. The sale of the property was hindered by several solicitors, delayed on numerous occasions for petty reasons and Richard managed to keep all those involved calm and on speaking terms. He and his staff were always professional and ready to help. They always appear to be a team that are happy and enthusiastic in their work. We would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone and should the occasion arise we would certainly use them again

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Gascoigne Halman Office 7! To leave a new review of Gascoigne Halman Office 7, please click the link below !
Write a review for Gascoigne Halman Office 7