Oct 16,2012
Oct 16,2012
Following a promising start over the first two weeks and being advised that the property would be no problem to sell, viewings became very sporadic. Whenever I queried the lack of interest I was simply told it was being actively marketed but there was no interest. We did have two reasonable offers early on, but turned them down on the advice of the agent who said we could "do better". I accept that the decision is ultimately ours but the agent was so confident in his advice, and as they are supposed to be the experts we listened to them. I was later told that it was a matter of time and that the market is typically quiet in April (the offers were made in March) - but had I been informed of this trend at the time I may well have chosen to accept the first offer rather that wait several weeks. Darren, however, later took it upon himself to decide for himself what I would have done rather than explain why I was not given such information.

One day after reducing the asking price (on Baz\'s advice), Darren then told us it was still too high by £4k. This further reduced our confidence in Cray & Norton and made the property look bad to potential buyers as it was reduced twice in two days.

One of my biggest concerns was the lack of communication. I was told that I would receive regular weekly updates, and feedback from viewings, but the only time anyone in the office ever called me was to arrange a viewing. Otherwise I always had to call them to get information. The problems appeared to start when the person we had initially dealt with became unavailable, and when he didn\'t return we were told after three weeks that he had been sacked. Towards the end of my contract I sent an e-mail explaining my reasons for changing agent, and received a very rude, accusing reply from Darren which should never be sent to a customer, not accepting any of my concerns as legitimate. It included phrases such as "I don\'t have a magic ball"; "I don\'t like your insinuations"; can you possibly demotivate your agent any more?"; "buyers simply don\'t grow on trees". Certainly not the way I would speak to a customer - I would be in serious trouble from my manager if I did.

I requested that the keys be put through the letterbox after completion of the last viewing, but they were not, and consequently my husband and I had to share one set of keys between us for the entire weekend. When we called Cray & Norton to remind them that we needed the keys returned, there was no apology or explanation for having failed to do so previously.

Baz stated one reason for the lack of viewings that people are unable to visit after work and so are tied
to Saturdays. Surely this same principle would apply to all agents, and Cray & Norton claim to offer viewings seven days a week until 9pm, so I fail to see why this would prevent people from coming to see it.

Steer well clear!
As above. Due to the response I received to my direct communication with the agent I doubt anything will be done to improve their service, but the regular feedback they promise and a director who knows how to deal with customers and shows some sign of caring about them would go a long way.
By: Darren Cray
Oct 18, 2012
Thanks for your detailed comments as a company we have already acted upon them.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Cray & Norton Croydon! To leave a new review of Cray & Norton Croydon, please click the link below !
Write a review for Cray & Norton Croydon