“No communication & false hope...”

May 11,2019
By: 'Tom'
May 11,2019
In 16 weeks we had a total of 0 viewings. I would not recommend Abbott's estate agents in Mildenhall. The service was poor. Very bad communication and customer service. We experienced mistake after mistake with these agents with no apologies or ownership of errors.

Since the very beginning we had many issues with the estate agent (Spencer Bartley).

Initially we decided to go back to Abbotts for the sale of our house as we bought our house from them 3 years ago and had a good experience.

However the Manager we previously dealt with retired, and the communication between them and us had noticeably changed in a bad way. Spencer (the new branch manager) told us that he prices houses to be sold quickly and efficiently. Later on we realised that he massively over priced our house to get us to sign the contract. After having no interest, I had to contact Spencer as I felt that he was not communication or guiding us in regards to reducing the price.

After still not having any interest, we decided to get another estates opinion. Spencer said that we cannot go multi agency, however we later realised he did not fill out our contract properly meaning the contract was void, therefore he had to oblige. With the new estate agent we soon got some viewings and was updated regularly with sound advice/guidance.

The couple of viewings that did get scheduled with Abbott's got cancelled very last minute. AND our final experience with Spencer... After cleaning our house, myself and my partner left our house for a viewing that one of the Abbotts agents arranged. I received a phone call from Spencer asking why I wasn't at my house, I told him that he should have a key as requested by Spencer at the earlier stages of this horrible service. Spencer refused to believe that I left a key at the estate agent. On arriving home, we was met by Spencer with our door keys. He struggled to apologised still not taking any ownership of being at fault. Further more, even if they thought they didn't have a key he should have confirmed that I should be at my house to let them in, however there was no communication of this at all.
Over priced