Abbotts Lettings
0% sales valuation accuracy
0% sales fee satisfaction
0% lettings valuation accuracy
0% lettings fee satisfaction

“No communication & false hope...”

By: 'Tom'
May 11,2019

Since the very beginning we had many issues with the estate agent (Spencer Bartley).

Initially we decided to go back to Abbotts for the sale of our house as we bought our house from them 3 years ago and had a good experience.

However the Manager we previously dealt with retired, and the communication between them and us had noticeably changed in a bad way. Spencer (the new branch manager) told us that he prices houses to be sold quickly and efficiently. Later on we realised that he massively over priced our house to get us to sign the contract. After having no interest, I had to contact Spencer as I felt that he was not communication or guiding us in regards to reducing the price.

After still not having any interest, we decided to get another estates opinion. Spencer said that we cannot go multi agency, however we later realised he did not fill out our contract properly meaning the contract was void, therefore he had to oblige. With the new estate agent we soon got some viewings and was updated regularly with sound advice/guidance.

The couple of viewings that did get scheduled with Abbott's got cancelled very last minute. AND our final experience with Spencer... After cleaning our house, myself and my partner left our house for a viewing that one of the Abbotts agents arranged. I received a phone call from Spencer asking why I wasn't at my house, I told him that he should have a key as requested by Spencer at the earlier stages of this horrible service. Spencer refused to believe that I left a key at the estate agent. On arriving home, we was met by Spencer with our door keys. He struggled to apologised still not taking any ownership of being at fault. Further more, even if they thought they didn't have a key he should have confirmed that I should be at my house to let them in, however there was no communication of this at all.
Over priced

Mildenhall,Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
IP28 7EZ

Performance statistics
Services Valuation Accuracy Fees Satisfaction Min Price of property reviewed Max Price of property reviewed
Sales 0% 0% £0 £0
  • Mortgage Advice
Members of
Latest Properties

No Properties

“No communication & false hope...”

By: 'Tom'
May 11,2019
In 16 weeks we had a total of 0 viewings. I would not recommend Abbott's estate agents in Mildenhall. The service was poor. Very bad communication and customer service. We experienced mistake after mistake with these agents with no apologies or ownership of errors. Since the very ...
Over priced

“I used this company to market some land, they introduced ......”

Apr 28,2014
By: 'Savvy shopper'
Apr 28,2014
I used this company to market some land, they introduced a buyer within 2 days! Fantastic I thought, 5months down the line the buyer has pulled out, it seems that some of the conditions attached to the site came as a surprise to the buyer, despite ...
Behaved in an ethical and professional manner, disclosed key facts to the buyer.
Attached Filesnbsp;
No fees information available
Kindly note that legally, letting agents need to publish information about their tenancy fees, government-approved redress schemes and client money protection schemes on their website and on third party websites (on which agents are listed). For properties to lease/rent in England, agents need to keep this information up to date and precise on allAgents or specify within the property description.

Complaints Procedure