“Tenant Experience - Step down from experience with other agencies...”

May 10,2019
By: 'Derby Tenant - professional letting'
May 10,2019
Having the benefit of experiencing alternative agencies in the Derby marketplace I rate Leaders as poor in areas of customer engagement and process management.

Some examples

Initial meeting with the agent to view the property was poor as he was just completing an argument with another potential renter for another nearby property. Little to no knowledge of the property or what was included. No follow up.

I was sent multiple requests a day, over days and days to sign data protection forms. This was due to Leaders continually updating their documentation. Was finally resolved by taking a half day off work to visit the Derby branch.

Unlike other agencies there was no handover of the property. You are summoned without appointment at a time of day of their choosing to pick up the keys from their office. I was left feeling that renters are a coincidental frustration in the day, and a second class citizen.

Difficulty getting in touch with my allocated property manager as you have to fit queries around their part-time working.

Property on take up had been re-decorated and new carpets fitted. A positive, but it took several days to remove the dust and clean the property to a standard Leader expect you to return it.

Raising an issue that the only light fitting to an dark staircase had bulbs no longer available, I was asked to dismantle the fitting and take this to an electrical retailer for advice. Serious health and safety issue.

Some issues raised were resolved by the landlord who appeared to act promptly when he was contacted.

Assessments on the property were arranged and carried out without my knowledge in contravention of the required notice procedure. New table left scratched and me concerned as to who had been in my property. I did receive an apology when raising this.

Despite requesting multiple times to be present on the hand back/checkout of the property Leaders were evasive stating I did not need to be there. This was alien to me as have always been present with other agencies. I then had to correct their wrong assessment.

Despite returning the property in pristine condition and being as helpful as I could be the return of deposit was problematic with no impetus from Leaders to resolve this. Raising the issue with the Deposit Protection Scheme and with their head office finally resulted in a response.

On a positive I was able to exit the contract early.

Overall the experience with an established business that should have faultless well tested procedure and and be customer focused was frustrating at best, poor in parts. This was the first time I was made to feel like a second class citizen and a significant step down compared to experience with other rental agencies in the Derby.
Average