Oct 12,2012
Oct 12,2012
Put my house on the market with Horts in January 2012 and it was sold subject to contract within a few weeks; to a buyer who had apparently sold their house and were therefore chain-free. House was put back on the market after a couple of months while the buyers sorted out issues with their property but no effort was made by Craig to actually market or sell the house in this time. The sale finally fell through at the end of June when my buyers decided to pull out. I gave Craig the benefit of the doubt for July before running out of patience and deciding to sell my property with Connells. When I did manage to speak with Craig, he was pretty vacuous and made some pretty bizarre excuses like other properties in the area were causing a problem (despite asking him what a competitive price would be) and the difficulty he was experiencing in selling his mothers property.

Bottom line is that I ran out of patience and went with Steve Bell of Connells who sold my house professionally and within a couple of weeks - completed today.

I\'ve subsequently found out that Craig is also leader of Rugby Town Council and has assumed many of the responsibilities of the vacant Chief Executive role - as well as featuring in the Rotten Borough section of Private Eye! Hardly surprising therefore that so little effort was put into selling my property. Reading some of the other reviews, it is apparent that there is a really strong selling team within Horts but it is also apparent that Craig Humphrey\'s is not one of the names that features prominently. I would urge you to avoid using him as your agent for the reasons above.
By: Adam Wellesley - Horts Director
Oct 16, 2012
Ian, I think you raise a few issues here which I would like to comment on. Firstly our business is about people as much as it is about property. I am therefore extremely sorry that you feel the way you do about Craig Humphrey as he appears to be doing a very good job on behalf of Horts, in the main. He has some excellent reviews on this site and I am sure will be disappointed that you felt let down. I think it only fair to also point out that councillors are at liberty to have secondary jobs that supplement their income and in fact, most of them do. Craig has never been found to have broken any rules by Rugby Borough Council. Thank you, by the way for commenting on our generally excellent reputation on the Allagents site (We have recently been voted best customer service agent in the Midlands). Secondly, having spoken to our Rugby branch Sales Controller Donna, it appears that we did keep you fully informed about what was happening during the transaction. I can only apologise if you were not satisfied with our efforts as our reputation means everything to us. I wish you all the best now that you have moved home.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Horts Estate Agents Office 2! To leave a new review of Horts Estate Agents Office 2, please click the link below !
Write a review for Horts Estate Agents Office 2