“I believe I lost 10k because of there incompetence...”

Apr 18,2019
By: 'Purple bricks are terrible'
Apr 18,2019
DO NOT USE PURPLE BRICKS.
I decided to sell my home and foolishly fell for the none commission advert that cost me dearly.

I contacted Purple Bricks and a Craig Tokley came to see me. He was friendly and looking back I was foolish to listen. He had one sales point and that was savings, which we all want but I never got.
However he had no idea how much my house was worth and was asking me to value it, the cost of using there solicitors went up by 50% by the time I was instructing them and the advert was so unimaginative it was a joke. Myself and my partner rewrote the main part but was not as good as what a real estate agent would write.

Before instructing Purple Bricks I asked for a second opinion to get my price point correct as Craig didn't know how to price it and from the figure he gave first and then he increased it by 25 thousand pounds during a phone call and then this second estate agent I wish I had instructed valued it a further 25 thousand pounds more. His original price was 50 thousand pounds off.

Anyway I instructed Purple Bricks. I then started to see why they charge less. They do nothing after instruction, They don't vet potential buyers and as they get a set fee they are only interested in the sale. They don't care how much you get as they get paid the same. They are a joke, but none of this is the worst part. That came when I got an offer on my house.

Craig seemed to have regular holidays as there was many occasions I was told to contact a vile woman called Rachel Mcintosh. As Craig was on holiday again when the offer came in I had to speak to Rachel. This offer had came from a couple that was not interested in putting an offer in for a further 3 months, but liked my home so much they pulled it forward. They put a respectable but cheeky offer in. The website asked if I wanted it to be professionally negotiated (What an insult to professional people) and I said yes.
Rachel contacted me to asked my lowest price I was willing to go to. I told her 15 thousand pounds below the asking price thinking she had a figure to work with and not have to keep contacting me as they exchanged figures. No, the idiot went straight back to the buyer and told them my lowest price. The buyer then offer 10k less than my lowest price. I could see this on the web site so called Rachel and she said this is how she negotiates so she will call the buyer back and say she miss heard but she then said I didn't miss hear as this is how I negotiate. But she then went to the buyer and increased my price by 10K. It was shocking and embarrassing. In short I ended up excepting 5k less then my lowest price. So yes I saved approx 2 thousand on estate agent fees but my house was worth 10 thousand pounds or more than what I sold it for.

My partner contacted Rachel as even though the buyer hadn't shown he had the funds in place the house was taken off the market. Rachel just lied to him telling him of conversations we had had that we never did. She claimed to have left me happy. He asked her to explain her negotiation technique which she couldn't. I would have had a little respect for her if she would have just been honest but with her lies I have less than zero. But then I believe the truth was, as she said I was Craigs client so she wasn't being paid to help me so I lost 10 THOUSAND POUNDS that I am now contacting the ombudsman to appeal.

But this isn't the end. You call Purple Bricks help centre because Craigs on another holiday and they are useless. They are rude and don't call you back. They lie to you and best of all they send you all your buyers bank statements and any other financial records they have so I could qualify the buyer. When you highlight the dangerous position they have put the buyers and there family in they claim they should send you this data. They have no idea so I have also reported them to the Buyers financial adviser, the buyer and the GDPR for data protection.

I spoke to people as high as directors in this company and they don't have a clue.

So please save your self so much more than commissary and deal with the professional people that will sell your home for the best price and you'll be much better off.
Cost me loads more than I am supposed to have saved
By: Sally Hobson
May 17, 2019
The same thing has happened to me, at no time did the saleswoman say it's NOT no sale no fee, I thought they worked like any other estate agent. And at no time was I told that I was entering into a credit agreement! I have not paid and I won't be paying, I'm taking this all the way! Other than take some photos, print a house brochure and put my home on Rightmove/Zoopla, and I had to chase The woman to do this! Never once after that did she contact me over 4 months, I had no viewings and no contact from the agent! I am not paying for a service I haven't received!
By: Purple bricks are terrible
May 14, 2019
I wrote this review. Since this I have helped the ICO with more information regards the GDPR breach and gone through PB complaint procedures so I can contact the property ombudsman. As many as possible need to contact the ombudsman as with enough complaints they will look a lot deeper. It's seems obvious to me that trust pilot reviews are fake. Alison I was told it's a payment you have to make weather it sells or not. It sounds to me like you were miss sold and I would complain on those grounds. Thanks to all that has read my review. Please don't use them. They don't have a clue and the set fee means they earn the same if you give you home away or sell for millions. There's no insentive for them to get the best for you.
By: Alison
May 08, 2019
I hope they go bust before I have to pay them !!, I was told, no sale in 10 months then didnt have to pay a thing ! I feel totally scammed. only been on the market 1 week, regretting it already !! can't believe theres no cooling off period once advert done !!
By: Victoria Watson
Apr 27, 2019
Please send me a contact for you my friend , I'm in similar position , let's fight these bastard's.. absolute thieve's.

Purplebricks