Oct 09,2012
Oct 09,2012
Blundells is a joke
AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!!!!!!
I've read the other reviews on this site and agree with them all.
When they were unable to sell our property we decided to rent it through them paying the highest tariff for the complete property management service. For clarity I will list the issues we had within the first year.
1) Couldn't read the utility meters correctly (we had photographic proof) then refused to help sort out the mess when we started to get billed for services we hadn't used.
2) Failed to carry out their ¢â‚¬Ëœregular' house inspections until we complained (managed to get one in a year.
3) Following an offer to buy the house (brokered though Haybrooks note), failed to provide our tenant suitable notice which extended their tenancy and delayed our house sale. Apparently 3 days' notice was insufficient to arrange the alterations to tenancy agreements (please see below). This cost us another months management fee.
4) Despite being inflexible during problems with tenancy notice periods extended their contract with less than 24 hours' notice as tenant needed extra time to find another house (we couldn't and didn't want to throw the person out on the streets).
5) Difficult to contact, unclear when contacted
6) No consistency in service other than in their incompetence.

They are farce, shambolic and incompetent. I have never written on such review sites before but I feel I must implore everyone to avoid this company at all costs.

It's worth repeating
AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!!!!!!

Blundells