Oct 09,2012
Oct 09,2012
I engaged Lauristons to find tenants for my apartment. The agent found tenants for 1 year. The contract had a 6 month break clause. I PAID Lauristons upfront the full fee for 1 year. After 4 months the tenants decided to invoke the 6 month break clause, and they informed both Lauristons and myself. At 4 months, I contacted Lauristons and asked them to find new tenants reminding them I had paid for 1 year. As the apartment has a concierge key service, I noticed that there was no evidence of Lauristons even attempting to find new tenants. When I contacted the original agent from their company and he advised that if tenants were not found I would be refunded for the 6 months. Lauristons refused to refund the rest of the 6 month fee citing some stipulation in their contract. All utter nonsense and contrived - a bunch of thieves as far as I am concerned.
By: Matthew Payne
Dec 10, 2012
I have responded recently to Dr Naidoos complaint, sent to me directly, as she detailed above. I responded, that contrary to the claim, we agreed to refund the fees in question as per our signed terms, if and when we relet the property. We did indeed relet the property to a government Minister, but unfortunately it did not proceed. The property was withdrawn from our books shortly afterwards, and we were unable to source a second tenant in such a short space of time. We have offered Dr Naidoo a credit of the fees in question, the next time we relet the flat.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Lauristons Battersea! To leave a new review of Lauristons Battersea, please click the link below !
Write a review for Lauristons Battersea