“Complete misrepresentation...”

Apr 01,2019
Helen Nicoll
By: 'Nigethecat'
Apr 01,2019
Was told by Ms Nicoll that I had to use their surveyors (at a cost of £720) “as The Home Report Company (HRC) doesn't provide a Mortgage Valuation Report” she said she had confirmed this with her regional director and with other surveyors and this was my only option... what she forgot to mention was that Yopa get kickbacks from their surveyor for any business put their way.

So two weeks ago I paid £720 for a Home Report from the Yopa surveyor and this STILL hasn't been produced (I was told it would be a couple of days) and soon it will be out of date and I'll have to get it done again. The HRC would only have cost £285 for EXACTLY the same Report (which DOES include a Mortgage Valuation Report) !!!

Ms Nicoll misrepresented the position regarding home reports and as such will be subject to legal process (but I'm sure Yopa are used to this).

They also wanted me to apply for finance on their fees despite telling them I wouldn't get it (no doubt more kickbacks).

Strangely enough she hasn't been professional enough to follow up but just treated me to a wall of silence... I guess she's happy now she's got my money and done nothing for it.
Money for nothing!