“CROOKS / THIEVES / CONMEN and CONWOMEN...”

Mar 24,2019
By: 'Imran Ali'
Mar 24,2019
They used to be called Citiside properties, you may notice it on streetview (before google updates it). That should be your first clue. A company that has to rebrand every few years, is not one to be trusted. The worst people in the world. DO NOT deal with them. I wish I could go back in time and stop myself.

I let with them from Oct 2017. They promised it was a double bed, showed me pictures etc. After paperwork, I picked up the keys then went to the property later. When I arrived, the key they gave me was for the wrong room (which was already let, luckily when I had opened the door to that room no1 was in). Therefore, I went into the double room which was the only one empty at the property, incidentally this was the only room with a working lock from the inside, the other room a single with a busted door. A mistake in keys I assumed, I will deal with it tomorrow, as I had to wake up for first day of work the next morning.

Following return from work, I comeback to find my room completely empty. ALL my possessions GONE. WTF?! The laptop, my clothes, suits etc. All gone. I call up the agency, they said "a cleaner came during the day, he could have chucked it all out". Why someone would do that without checking with the letting agency, does not add up. Or why they wouldnt call the residents to check who's stuff it is also does not add up. So they asked me to contact the so called cleaner (who they had f**king hired), so I did, this guy did not speak english well and all I could get out of him was he had chucked out stuff to the main bins for the flats. I recovered some of my less expensive stuff, duvet, some clothes and books. However my laptop and suits were missing. Then they claimed I was staying in the wrong room and tried to pin the blame on me. MOFOs.

I called the police at 6pm, reported a burglary. These MOFOs turned up at 1 in the morning. I was asleep, and all they said after I had explained the situation was that this was a civil matter. I took the day off work (my second day) and sorted a different place to stay the very next day.

I went to get my rent money and deposit back. These MOFOs refused. I explained, I had stayed in the property less than 24hours, my stuff was stolen (which I still maintain they orchestrated with giving me the wrong key business), after 2 hours of being in their offices I managed to get less half my rent and deposit back. An experience which now means I will never in my life deal with letting agents ever again.

The tricks this company uses are:
- bait and switch, show you pictures of one room and give you another (after paperwork is signed), this is the worst one because its just pure dishonesty. but what do you expect of these low lives
- time pressure (usual tactic of all estate agents), other people are interested etc
- employ people with similar ethnic backgrounds to the population of the area and have only them deal with your property (so your more likely to trust them).

The reason I have spent 20 mins writing this, is because I do not want anyone else to fall into this trap. I never did retrieve my laptop or suits and lost alot of money in the process (because of these thieving b**tards), let alone losing the family pictures and the projects I had been working on for my work on my laptop that I could not ever retrieve.

I implore you, NOT to deal with these degenerates. I apologise for the language on this post, as I was writing it, it caused me to get angrier and angrier.

***ALSO if anyone could point me to other website review places please, I will leave the same review there****

CitiSide Properties