Oct 05,2012
Oct 05,2012
I have not been asked by other agents besides this one to provide 12 months upfront of rent. Not only this, they assured me this was normal. I have a good rental history, and no black marks to my name. As a form of \'compromise\' I was asked to pay 6 months in advance each time!! I feel as though I am being treated like a criminal. I am from overseas but been here 2 years now, and the british border agency did an extensive criminal check before I was allowed in on my tier 1 visa. Anyway I went with another agent, as they did not ask for all of this. Even when we first got here we didn\'t have to get treated like this with other agents. I think these people are just unaware of quality tenant backgrounds and lazy to do a proper review of background, job, etc.
Used a normal monthly direct debit contract and not strung us along for so long trying to make ridiculous demands.
By: Alina Banionyte
Oct 19, 2012
In response to your comment and as the Lettings Manager of the Islington branch, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused with regards to your experience with us. In your case, the offer was presented to the landlord and the condition of 12 months rent in advance was set by the landlord due to the fact that you were self-employed. Understanding that this is difficult to make such a payment, we discussed the option with you of paying in 6 monthly instalments and when we confirmed this, we persuaded the landlord to agree but they still came back with the condition that they needed 2 extra week's deposit. Once this was agreed with landlord, we then tried to contact you but we didn't hear back from you and two days later, we heard that you were not happy with such requirements and did not wish to proceed with the property.
This is a common requirement for tenants who are self-employed and many landlords now ask for extra security from tenants.
Again, we do apologise that you feel frustrated with the service and we hope you found an alternative option.
Alina Banionyte

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Portico Islington! To leave a new review of Portico Islington, please click the link below !
Write a review for Portico Islington