Oct 03,2012
Oct 03,2012
This was a particularly tricky transaction from the start as i was managing the sale on behalf of a relative but I agreed to undertake the task subject to being able to using Romans as i have dealt with them on previous occasions (Barry Wild in Lower Earley branch and his team) and they were absolutely superb.

This time round however I was hugely disappointed to continuously be passed from person to person, the sale of the house took what seemed forever and in the end we were forced to drop the price by £20K just to get a sale.

Following the acceptance of the offer received i was never (from offer to completion) contacted by the Romans move co-ordinator and was unable to contact her as she was on holiday an there appeared to be no replacement

The solicitors recommended by Romans were incredibly hard work, i was not on one single occasion able to talk to my appointed solicitor directly but only to his assistants and between them they were never at any point able to tell me what stage we were at. I have only managed to receive the completion statement yesterday (02/10) despite completion having taken place on the 28/09 and that was only after i requested it, twice.

My only saviour in all this was i dealt with Neil Burton who was the only one who seemed to know exactly what he was doing. Neil is professional, polite, friendly and super efficient! Because i was not getting any replies or up-dates from my solicitors, Neil very kindly continuously contacted the buyers directly and their solicitors to find out what i needed to know and would always come back to me immediately as promised. He is honest and very reliable and i would like to extend my hugest gratitude for being there for me in a very highly stressful time when no one else seemed to be!

Neil has my highest recommendation and if he can get the whole branch working as he is then i have no doubt that the Romans Caversham branch can be just as great as its other branches!
I may well use Romans again but not the Caversham Branch - Neil was the only person in the whole branch who actually helped me but, despite Neil going well and beyond his line of duty and demonstrating massive commitment and customer care, he cannot do everything himself and for the branch to work as a whole absolutely everyone in the team has to do their bit (especially the move co-ordinator, which is my opinion is a crucial part of the process and one of the things the sets Romans aside to other Estate Agents.)
By: Mrs I Forina
Oct 19, 2012
Thankyou Jon Roberts for making the time to contact me with regards to this - I appreciate all of your comments and understand it may have been a particular difficult time for Romans in Caversham. It is refreshing to know that you are taking my comments on board and I am very pleased to to have had the opportunity to speak to you with regards to it.
I wish all of your branch all the very best and look forward to dealing with Romans again in the future.
By: Jon Roberts
Oct 08, 2012
I am very sorry for the problems you experienced relating to the sale of your relatives property through my Caversham Office. As you will appreciate customer service is very important to us and I would be grateful if you could call me to arrange a time to meet to disuss this situation futher. I am always very keen to learn from any genuine mistakes made on our part given the opportunity. I can be contacted on my direct line number and look forward to hearing from you soon. Regards, Jon Roberts, Director, 0118 9538701, jroberts@romans.co.uk.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Romans Office 26! To leave a new review of Romans Office 26, please click the link below !
Write a review for Romans Office 26