Sep 28,2012
Sep 28,2012
If you are going to let a property off these be ready for alot of hassle and pressure as they look after landlords not tenants!!! After deciding on a flat we were bombarded with phone calls regarding information they needed \'on behalf of the landlord\'!! I received over 13 phone calls in one day and almost as many emails demanding the info or we would lose the flat! They wanted my personal bank statements, my businesses bank statements and a whole lot more that wasn\'t necessary I found out later from a friend who also owns an estate agency....The staff were rude and condescending... My family was abroad when info was required and had to go to great lengths to make sure it was with them that day even though they returned 2 days later and Winkworths woudlnt wait!!! I was then informed, after chasing them for an answer as to whether we had successfully acquired the flat to rent, that the landlord was travelling abroad himself and so couldnt give us an answer until he replied to his email!!!! Suffice to say I would steer VERY clear of these in the future....
By: Suzanne Cloherty
Oct 04, 2012
Firstly in response to your comment we would like to clarify we pride ourselves on acting for our landlords. We are employed to look after a person’s biggest asset, their property, so it is incredibly important we carry out the necessary references on all named tenants and guarantors (if necessary).

We appreciate that moving house is a very stressful time and when securing a letting property the paperwork is immense which of course can add to the stress. It is not our intention to make the process difficult, we do set deadlines of two working days to return a fully completed application form, this is to ensure we can progress the administration in a timely fashion and report back to the landlord. When the application form has missing information we do hassle tenants as we cannot proceed with the application. Unfortunately the landlord being abroad is something that could not be avoided.

The reason for such intrusive reference checking and form filling is to satisfy the landlord, to ensure the tenants are trustworthy and financially stable and able to prove their ability.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Winkworth Estate Agents Shepherd Bush Office! To leave a new review of Winkworth Estate Agents Shepherd Bush Office, please click the link below !
Write a review for Winkworth Estate Agents Shepherd Bush Office