Sep 28,2012
Sep 28,2012
We rented a property from Winkworths for my daughter last year while she was on a work placement, the staff at these offices are rude, arrogant and self-opinionated, if you intend to rent a property in London I would strongly advise that you steer well clear of this company.
They understandably wanted a reference from me, but they also insisted on copies of my bank statements, they insisted on a reference from my employer and also a reference from my employers trading partners, copies of my passport and various utility bills, they required that my accountant supplied them with information regarding my salary and of course without all these details the same old threat, put up or we keep the deposit.
When she came to leave it was even worse, although the flat was filthy when my daughter arrived(including pubic hairs in the bed) when she left a huge chunk of her deposit was withheld for various things including cleaning, what a joke.
Do not if you have a choice under any circumstances use Winkworths.
By: Suzanne Cloherty
Oct 04, 2012
As a guarantor you are required to provide financial information about yourself, sometimes guarantors are uncomfortable with this and we do make this clear to all tenants prior to securing a property. A guarantor is required when a tenant is unable support themselves either financially or because they do not have ample history due to studying or perhaps being overseas. The referencing process can be lengthy and a lot of information is required to prove to the landlord the ability of the named tenant paying the rent.

In relation to your comment about the security deposit, money can only be deducted once agreed by both parties (landlord and tenant) this is due to government legislation changing in 2007. All security deposits are held in the Dispute Service.

We are sorry you believe the property was dirty at the commencement of the property, this is something we would expect to be informed of immediately so we can either rectify the cleaning (if organised by Winkworth) or inform the landlord. The inventory would also stipulate the cleanliness of the property, this is an independent document and both parties can comment if there is a difference of opinion.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Winkworth Estate Agents Shepherd Bush Office! To leave a new review of Winkworth Estate Agents Shepherd Bush Office, please click the link below !
Write a review for Winkworth Estate Agents Shepherd Bush Office