Sep 27,2012
Stephen Jones
Sep 27,2012
I have had the misfortune of dealing with Stephen Jones from Amber and Co. Shepherds Bush. My landlord is trying to breach our tenancy agreement and is using Amber and Co. as his new Real Estate Agency. Stephen Jones was attempting to illegally sign my house mates and I up to a tenancy agreement for a house we have already lived in for quite some time. I have spoken with a housing support agency in regards to his unlawful actions and was strongly recommended to use a Tenancy Relations Officer from my local council to mediate any dealings with Amber and Co. Real Estate Agency and with Stephen Jones. I tried to postpone a meeting with Stephen until an officer was available to attend the meeting with us but as soon as I mentioned this he became really aggressive and abusive towards me and threatened me with eviction. I have found him to be a very unprofessional estate agent who has tried to bully and intimidate my house mates and myself into signing his illegal tenancy agreement. I would not recommend anybody use this dodgy Real Estate Agency for any reason at all. You are just asking for trouble if you do.
The agent should be abiding by housing laws instead of trying to breach them. Intimidating and bullying will get them nowhere.
Attached Files
By: Amber & Co
Jan 14, 2013
"I have had the misfortune of dealing with Stephen Jones from Amber and Co. Shepherds Bush. My landlord is trying to breach our tenancy agreement and is using Amber and Co. as his new Real Estate Agency."

A) Your landlord is quite within his LEGAL rights to expect his tenants to sign a contract, he had not breached in any way. The remaining law abiding tenants all signed a new contract and are still resident at the address. The tenants that failed to supply any utility / council tax receipts, including you, disappeared overnight and left the remaining tenants in a financial mess, nice flat mate you turned out to be?

"Stephen Jones was attempting to illegally sign my house mates and I up to a tenancy agreement for a house we have already lived in for “quite some time”.

A) The landlord had asked us to mediate where his previous attempts had failed, ie, he had requested that your household pay their outstanding council tax bills, which had by that time been reverted back to his name because he is the landlord and he also had a court summons issued in his name for the council tax bill which you and your flat mates had failed to pay. (For clarification please call Mrs M. Walshe – The Principle Specialist Council Tax Officer for LBH&F –0208 753 6681, she would love to hear from you regarding the outstanding council tax bills, and please in future if you are going to try to avoid paying your bills please do not post a review on a public website which openly declares that you were living at the property for “quite some time”, ie, being the period when no council tax was paid..

"I have spoken with a housing support agency in regards to his unlawful actions and was strongly recommended to use a Tenancy Relations Officer from my local council to mediate any dealings with Amber and Co. Real Estate Agency and with Stephen Jones."

A) You apparently spoke with a Tenancy Relations Officer. You posted this review on the 27th Sept 2012 and as of today the 14th Jan 2013 we have not been contacted by the said officer. This would lead us to assume that you did not contact LBHF because you knew that by not paying your council tax bill you were actually the person at fault and not the landlord or his agents.

"I tried to postpone a meeting with Stephen until an officer was available to attend the meeting with us but as soon as I mentioned this he became really aggressive and abusive towards me and threatened me with eviction."

A) On the evening of the 27th Sept 2012 we had arranged for your household to attend our office in order to go over the clauses of the contract. You were the only tenant who refused to attend. You called our office 15 minutes before the scheduled meeting and when you were informing me of your reluctance to attend the meeting you spoke very abruptly to me on the phone, and I then informed you in a professional manner that if you failed to sign a Tenancy Contract, the landlord would issue you with a notice to vacate his property. Please remember that the landlord was deeply upset that he had been issued with a court summons in his name because of a bill that you and your flat mates had failed to pay.

"I have found him to be a very unprofessional estate agent who has tried to bully and intimidate my house mates and myself into signing his illegal tenancy agreement."

A) Throughout your review you have mentioned the word illegal several times. Please be informed that there is nothing illegal about asking Tenants to sign a Tenancy Agreement, it is the law of the land and as such we at Amber & Co must comply with this law. But just for clarification, failing to pay your bills is actually illegal in this country.

"I would not recommend anybody use this dodgy Real Estate Agency for any reason at all. You are just asking for trouble if you do."

A) No reply necessary, the above responses should clarify who was at fault in this situation.

Thank you for taking the time to read our reply, and thank you Nathan for bringing this website to our attention.

Amber & Co
management
By: Amber & Co
Jan 14, 2013
Is this the same Nathan that fled during the night without paying his utility bills?
Is this the same Nathan that refused to sign a contract with the landlord and then also refused to sign a contract with the landlord's appointed agents, claiming that one of the rent paying tenants was actually his real landlord.
If this gentleman could supply a forwarding address for Thames Water, British Gas, Sky TV, etc it would be much appreciated.

Amber & Co