“41 days to get our rent deposit back!...”

Feb 15,2019
By: 'Cathy'
Feb 15,2019
I wouldn't normally go to the effort to write a review but I wouldn't want anybody else to experience the same stess and upset we did.
Mid-tenancy our property was taken over by Leaders, whom immediately (for no good reason) put the rent up. During the tenancy we contacted them to fix various faults, eg our garden fence blew down in a winter gale and was dangerous for our children to play in the garden, Leaders chose to do nothing. Our boiler wasn't working one Saturday, Leaders wouldn't send an engineer until Monday (costs too much for out of hours engineers)! We have 3 young children including a baby.
However, the icing on the cake was trying to get our rent deposit back! The property was an old terraced house that had clearly been let out for many years, we lived there for 18 months, there was already a certain amount of tenants grime, chipped gloss work, old laminate, needed a bit of tlc and money spent etc.
The originally inventory we completed with the letting agent reflected this well, but when Leaders came to complete the check out report, they totally exaggerated any minor flaw in the property, indicating 'tenant responsibility' 'property not left in acceptable condtion'. We spent 2 days deep cleaning the property so we knew it was in better condition than when we originally let it. The property was subsequently let straight after us, so it can't have been left in a bad way. Many, many, many conversations with leaders followed, when they bothered to reply to emails or put you through, usually Georgie would be 'away from her desk' 'off sick' or fobbed off with a load of bs. Luckily for us, we had the original letting agents paperwork which contained our landlords name and number - we phoned her, she was very pleasant amd apologetic about the situation and promptly ensured our entire rent deposit was returned. Leaders were horrified we had called her and phoned back as a “courtesy call” to my husband and asked not to call her again. 41 days in total to release a bloody the rent deposit! You wonder why people are angry with you. As if we haven't got better things to do with our day than phone and email this cowboy estate agent. Do your job properly! The staff we dealt with were unpleasant and totally incompetent. I would not recommend anybody let with them, or employ them in the future. Be prepared to fight for your rent deposit.
Increased our rent for no apparent reason
By: Lisa
Feb 18, 2019
Good luck with them fixing the boiler, I was without hot water for over a week last year, they're never in a hurry to help, they're just interested in money. Would never rent thru them again in a million years
By: Lee
Feb 18, 2019
That's not good my boiler broke down on Saturday I have phoned them up and they said they would send somebody out on Monday but it would be round about 6 o'clock which is no good to me or my partner as we both work shifts we have been without hot water & heating now since Saturday and it is now Monday still no further forward was told by leaders the plumber would be phoning me direct I have looked into this matter and they are meant to repair this within 24 hours as it is an emergency

Leaders