“STAY AWAY FROM THIS AGENCY...”

Feb 08,2019
By: 'Ellie'
Feb 08,2019
For a start, do not trust the positive reviews you read, because the agents trick you into writing a positive review about them before you even move into the property. Basically, they get the paperwork delayed until you write the review they asked for.

This experience was a complete nightmare, from start to end. The agent I was assigned to couldn't or didn't want to write properly, his emails where full of mistakes and typos to the extent that I struggled to understand them. This just shows, among all the other things, a serious lack of professionalism.

Most of the fundamental utilities didn't work when I moved into the property (power and hot water, just to mention a couple), but they didn't bother to take care of anything for days. When they did, things were fixed only partially (I was told by the contractors that the immersion heater would have heated up just a limited amount of water). On the other side, before I moved in they required administrative fees to be paid immediately; by immediately, I mean straight after they let me know the amount of money to be paid, constantly implying that the property could have gone to someone else if they didn't see the transfer straight ahead. The thing is, at the time I was paying with a non-UK account, so even if the transfer was done straight away it could take up to 24 hours to go through, but they just didn't seem to care. I had to go to my bank and ask for a statement saying that I transferred the money, but they weren't happy with that either.

When I moved out, I was charged because, apparently, the property needed further cleaning. Truth is, I cleaned everything thoroughly before leaving, but I decided not to question that because they were still holding what was left of my deposit, which I just wanted to get back. I would never, ever recommend this agency to anyone.

Kingswood