Sep 26,2012
Sep 26,2012
I rented a lovely property from Findlay but received an appalling unprofessional service. The highlight of this for the information of any prospective tenants included: entering the property without notice, agents handling personal possessions, abusive phone messages, marketing of the property during the tenancy \'to test the market\' without prior notice. Really one to avoid if you value your sanity.
By: Philip
Oct 07, 2013
It’s not unheard of for there to be misunderstandings in the process of managing tenancies, but we generally succeed in finding tenants we can work with.

In this case, things became somewhat confused when the owner dealt directly with the tenants, leading on the one hand to unrealistic tenant expectations, and on the other to a somewhat oppositional relationship with us: it was as if their relationship with the owner took precedence over clear, repeated and unambiguous instructions to us – such as to gain a market value for the property. So with that background, in response to the particulars listed, I would say:

1. entering the property without notice –
With notice, but without approval.
We needed to photograph, and gave notice as per our agreement.

2. agents handling personal possessions –
Things were moved and put back as a part of the process of photography.

3. abusive phone messages –
If there is any basis to this whatsoever, I would say that is highly exaggerated – but do not honestly know what it refers to.

4. marketing of the property during the tenancy 'to test the market' without prior notice –
I think this is not accurate. The tenant was informed.

5. Really one to avoid if you value your sanity –
I object to this as absolutely misleading, and exceptional in our experience of dealing with landlords and tenants – and would call on the reviewer to retract this statement.

I would direct anyone with doubts about us to these reviews –

I hope that this reviewer will be alerted by my response and concede that the reviews on google also coincide with their experience. There was confusion as described above, but I think their review paints a disproportionately bleak image of our relationship. Of course we (meaning the reviewer) all say things in a moment of passion that we then realise are not quite justifiable, but I hope in this case the reviewer will accept that they also owe us some good press.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Findlay Property Investment Office 1! To leave a new review of Findlay Property Investment Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Findlay Property Investment Office 1