“Worst estate agent ever!...”

Feb 05,2019
By: 'pompom'
Feb 05,2019
When I first booked a viewing with their agent, it was a Friday afternoon so I had to run to the flat from my office in the City. The agent did not show up for half an hour and he was not picking up his phone either. I almost thought he stood me up. I liked the flat so much that I decided to put up with it even though the deposit is almost 1.5 of the industry average (as I rented a similar place with Dexters in the same area afterwards).
I paid my rent all upfront and moved in. There was no move-in report or anything. The toilet was working and the mattress got blood stains. I emailed them about this with pictures just in case there would be future confusions on the deposit.
Three months before my tenancy ended, they started calling me about renewing my tenancy. They literally called all the time. As I could not call back right away because of work, they started texting me on Whatsapp straight (as unprofessional as one could be). I liked the flat so much but that was when I decided that I would rather give it up than dealing with them again. I told them that I would not be renewing my contract. After that, they would actually email me "We will show a client your place THIS afternoon. Please hand us the keys or we could just pick your spare set from the reception." After I moved out, I finally understood why they charged an above average deposit fees cause it surprised me how much they charged. They said I could book my own cleaner but if they were not happy with the condition of the flat I had to pay their cleaners too so I said I would use their cleaners straight (there was no receipt or anything). They charged me a large amount for damage despite the fact that I took photos as the evidence of the flat condition when I moved in. There was also a fee I paid to them as they claimed that there might be outstanding utility bills. Still six months later I am receiving an energy bill from my old flat which was only like ten pounds but their practice was just the worst.
I am now renting with Dexters again.
Above industry average based on my experience of renting similar flats in the same area. If you consider their service, I would say their fees and unreasonably high.

Relocate-Me